WARNING: ARIA 'Bargain Basement' Junk

Old November 11th 03, 09:38 PM
nigel. carron

In message , ß Ø ® G
writes
don't matter what shop it is, the sale of good act is the law and
unless they say it's not working then they have to put it right. and
the distance selling act even more so

Of course they do - never suggested they don't. But the OP seems to
expect top notch goods etc at a bargain price . If he did approach Aria
CS and was told to naff off then - he was hard done by - however if he
got that reply then came here moaning before asking Arias CS to sort it
then I have less sympathy ..

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old November 11th 03, 09:41 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Mike Scott
writes
Isn't the real issue that aria say it was damaged in transit, in which
case the soga won't apply straightforwardly. If aria insist this is
the case (and even the OP cannot be sure of safe delivery), the obvious
way might be to claim off the carrier... assuming it was sent
appropriately insured, and that it's not too late.

Ahh but the OP says Aria say he use insufficient packing - which is daft
if as he says he used Arias original stuff & yes stuff from BB can be a
bit spartan at times - though always seems to get here OK. But I'd not
use same packing if going back via Snail Mail..

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old November 13th 03, 02:10 PM
lofthouse

"nigel. carron" wrote in message ...

But the OP seems to
expect top notch goods etc at a bargain price .

OP said the mobo was 'stone dead'. Is it unreasonable to expect
bargain goods to at least work?
-LH
Old November 13th 03, 03:09 PM
nigel. carron

In message , lofthouse
writes
OP said the mobo was 'stone dead'. Is it unreasonable to expect
bargain goods to at least work?

NO very reasonable. However its also reasonabl;e to at least try to
speak to customer services at the Supplier first - the OP gave little
info as to his contact with Aria after the news that he quoted here. If
he did and I doubt that - then he has my sympathy. I have gone ballistic
on here over Ebuyer and others - but I ALWAYS try to talk to someone
first.

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)