Creating a web cam

Old November 17th 03, 08:12 PM
Mike

Default Creating a web cam

Hi Folks

You probably get asked this one a dozen times a week but I couldn't
see any reference to an FAQ so here goes...

I have a Logitec Quick Cam Web and a broad band connection (256 Kb
upload). Is it possible to set this up as a web cam to send images or
video to my web space so I and my friends can view it from elsewhere -
to show:

- permanent video... or
- images captured at specified time intervals... or
- display the motion capture facility

all without expensive software. Its only for fun really and for
interest so I don't want to spend any dosh!

Thanks for any help you can give

Mike
Old November 19th 03, 01:01 PM
Antonio

Hello Mike, try Windows Media Encoder (WME) is for free and easy to
use, but requires the client to have Windows Media Player.
You can download from:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx
There you can find at: comunities the microsoft discussion forum where
you can get some of your problems solved

But if you want a webcam that everyone can see i sugest iVista
www.ivista.com they have a pretty good java stream software that cost
a little but your client won't need any software and is much more
stable and requires a lower hardware.

Antonio

Old December 8th 03, 10:09 AM
wh

I use Biromsoft Webcam (www.biromsoft.com) to upload images to my webspace
via FTP. The software also has a built in web-server that allows people to
connect to your local machine over HTTP using a standard web browser to view
real-time video.

Wayne.

Old January 7th 04, 05:57 AM
jimmy_sgp

Check this out:
http://www.digi-watcher.com

You can opt to use its broadcasting (to web server) function, or the
real-time video/audio streaming.

Old January 8th 04, 05:57 PM
anton

"wh" wrote in message ...
I use Biromsoft Webcam (www.biromsoft.com) to upload images to my webspace
via FTP. The software also has a built in web-server that allows people to
connect to your local machine over HTTP using a standard web browser to view
real-time video.

Wayne.

you could try our software...you can choose to have it post to your
web site or you can just have it broadcast by itself. Your friends
will be able to find it on our live
listings...www.eyespyfx.com/cameras.asp

you can set up a chat box also.
Its free for 60 days then costs €30