All Lights Flashing On Epson 880 Stylus Printer

Old January 21st 06, 06:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default All Lights Flashing On Epson 880 Stylus Printer

Ink Levels have not been visible for about three months which have
not been a problem and may be unrelated to the flashing lights.

I changed ink cartridges and printed five full pages of address labels
and after that was accomplished the lights began flashing and of
course the printer won't function.

I do not know if this is a fatal error or can the printer be
restored. I tried several things to no avail. I have had the
printer for about four years and has been good to me up until now.
Need advice please! :crybaby:

Old January 21st 06, 09:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

lid (ToothFairy) wrote:
Ink Levels have not been visible for about three months which have
not been a problem and may be unrelated to the flashing lights.

I changed ink cartridges and printed five full pages of address labels
and after that was accomplished the lights began flashing and of
course the printer won't function.

I do not know if this is a fatal error or can the printer be
restored. I tried several things to no avail. I have had the
printer for about four years and has been good to me up until now.
Need advice please! :crybaby:

This is a Maintenance Request and not a fatal error. It means the waste ink
counter has reached its limit and stopped the printer from printing.

Firstly see the recent thread in this ng "Epson C84 - ink overflow pads" and
make your own decision. The same principles apply to the SC880.

Secondly the reset procedure for this printer is as follows...

1. Turn the printer off

2 Pressing and hold the Load/Eject and the Cleaning buttons and turn the
printer on.
The Paper Out LED starts blinking (Blinks for three seconds). Release the
buttons.

3 While the Paper Out LED is blinking (for three seconds), press the Cleaning
button
for ten seconds. You must press the Cleaning button in this step while the
Paper Out LED is blinking, you have 3 seconds to do this.
The following three red LEDs blink and turn off. Ink Out LED (Black), Ink Out
LED (Color), and Paper Out LED.

Tony
Old January 23rd 06, 02:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thanks for everyone's help in this matter. I became so frustrated that
I junked this printer and bought a new one. When I contacted Epson
they said this problem was unrepairable by me and to send it to a
repair center. I consider this machine like a TV, kitchen hand mixer
or microwave. They all are inexpensive and expendable and not worthy
of outside repair. Thanks again!

Old January 23rd 06, 12:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

ToothFairy wrote:
Thanks for everyone's help in this matter. I became so frustrated that
I junked this printer and bought a new one. When I contacted Epson
they said this problem was unrepairable by me and to send it to a
repair center. I consider this machine like a TV, kitchen hand mixer
or microwave. They all are inexpensive and expendable and not worthy
of outside repair. Thanks again!

Too bad you didn't wait for Tony's advice. By most accounts the 880 is a
pretty good printer that doesn't have chipped tanks and has very
inexpensive ink available.
Old January 23rd 06, 03:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

To use Toothfairy's own words, "crybaby" seems appropriate.

This person is one of the most impatient people I have ever had the
"pleasure" of having to deal with. He emailed me twice on Saturday 7
hours apart, I suppose because I did not get back to his 8:30 AM
Saturday email frustrated him.

As people know, I try to answer emails within 24-48 hours, and it is
rare that I don't. It just so happened that a whole bunch of pretty
intense personal stuff happened this weekend, which I won't get into
here, that delayed my getting on line for a day. During this same time
period "Toothfairy" posted twice here. So within a nine hour period, he
posted twice here, and maybe more elsewhere I don't know about, emailed
me twice, and because he didn't get a reply in under 24 hours, he
"junked" the printer and bought a new one.

Well, you know what... I have NO sympathy at all. This person's sense of
"entitlement" to my life and others doesn't deserve any sympathy or empathy.

I don't normally "expose" people who email me privately (and I won't
expose this person's real name) but it's a real slap in the face when
someone comes for help, demanding immediate response from a group of
helpful volunteers, and isn't even willing to wait 24-48 hours ON A
WEEKEND, for a reply, so we waste our time trying to resolve the issue
and he's already off buying himself a new printer.

So, fine, he tossed one of Epson's best made and cheapest to run
printers. Probably the only printer that surpasses it for economy and
durability is the SC900/SC980. Hope he enjoys his new one.

To "Toothfairy": Your quote "I consider this machine like a TV, kitchen
hand mixer or microwave. They all are inexpensive and expendable and not
worthy of outside repair."

If that's true, then why did you bother us all? I think you have a
similar attitude about your "appliances" as you do about people. We, or
at least our time, is "expendable.

Art