HP 700 SSD Newer models didn't apparently learn

Old July 23rd 20, 11:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default HP 700 SSD Newer models didn't apparently learn

Noticed another guy getting the same temperatures I saw. And I do see
the resulting 40-50 MBps he mentions, but its nice to be informed that
is a "throttling issue" at 130F. I also just checked to verify his
faster speeds now that mine's cool: Also true: I now get double the
above rates. I would, however, prefer to verify his claim of
overheating for file manipulation contingencies he claims An
alternative consideration I'd look into could be HP has a high-power
design caveat, rather than just what "plenty" means to him, and quite
of bit of air flow in consideration of mine, whether that's in fact
more air for being unable to duplicate his sequential, sustained, or
otherwise testing procedures.

A HP may simply be a SDD that needs more than less air around it;-
removal of its surrounding case may initially appeal to some. But I
do see where his dissatisfaction stems in both making a determination
and regretting an alternative choice he apparently now hasn't
available.

Still, SSD longevity may be another concession for adequacy. What
other drive speeds may or not correspond to well, if even first need
of speed, should they occur reported failure rates, is another not
inconsiderable instance. Contrary to his rationale for Walmart, who
wouldn't carry brands with high failures or brands unable competently
to operate within a capacity Walmart of course requires of
representative standing and reputability. (His comments, although on
a recent 700-series, are somewhat naively conferred upon NewEgg's Ebay
presence;- NewEgg, he might have known, gave up cutting slack for
people free-wheeling in return issues a century or more ago.)

-

Ok I installed it in my gaming computer with plenty of air flow across
it. Installed a fresh copy of windows 10. Did fine. Was downloading
some games to it and noticed that it was as quick as it needed to be
and all of a sudden, it would throttle. I figured it was something
that I did. Restored windows ten and started again. Same thing
happen. I installed hwmonitor and did a sequential test and found
that when the drive reached 129 degrees Fahrenheit it would throttle
to about 40-50 MBps. My mechanical hard drive is faster than that. I
swapped it out for a Samsung and have not had any issues since. I
needed up putting it in my laptop and installed Ubuntu on it because
it is less hdd hungry to say and it idles around 120 degrees. It’s sad
because it only just a few months old and the seller was giving me the
run around. I brought the product from them yet I had to reach out to
the manufacturer to get it warranted. That is some BS if you ask me.
If I get something at wal mart you don’t see me going to the
manufacture then, you just take it right back to Walmart and get it
warranted. Would not recommend it because you can get better drive
for just a few dollars more.