LTO HP: How to now how much has been used...

Old October 1st 07, 02:19 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Masterx81

Default LTO HP: How to now how much has been used...

On 30 Set, 15:08, Masterx81 wrote:
On 30 Set, 14:49, "Rob Turk" wrote:

"Masterx81" wrote in message

roups.com...

I've foun a diverse utility (old hp l%tt ver 2.7) that say me the
correct usage of the drive...
The values a
Power on hours: 3270h
Tape pulling: 99hr
Meters pulled: 682821m
number of load/unload: 225
head clean operation: 0
MR head A resistances: 73 72 70 69 70 68 69 69 ohm
MR head B resistances: 62 63 65 65 66 68 71 72 ohm

That seem more realistic, so the 100 euros that i've spent for the
drive ore well spent :-)
The only thing, is that the cartidges that it has sent me with the
drive are written at the bast more that 75 times (the tool say me also
this!), so i think that i need them new :-)
Thanks for the great help!

LTO tapes can be used a lot longer than 75 times, if the tape works well
then you can continue to use it. There should be no problem using it 500
times or so.

Congratulations, sounds like you got a great deal ;-)

Rob- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Ebay rulez! :-)
But, why sometimes if i put in a cartidge (the lower count is 75) it
read a little bit, then eject the tape?
Can be only the head dirt because it has not taken any clening tape?
I was assiming that this was normal because the taper ca be old, but
you say that this type of cartidges must last longer...
At now, i've the 'clean' led flashing...I'm waiting the end of an
auction for a clean tape...- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

For now i've removed the chip from the cleaning cartidge that i own
(tha tis expired), so the drive has tryied to read it, and it's
cleaned...
Now the drive write up to 30 mb/s 2:1 compression and read any tape...
Thanks for the help, this drive compared to a dds is really better!