Anyone have experience with an HP4350 and multipart NCR paper?

Old November 8th 05, 07:36 PM

Default Anyone have experience with an HP4350 and multipart NCR paper?

My company is looking at using our HP4350 with (3) 500 sheet feeders to
print 3 part invoices. Tray 2 has the White part, tray 3 has the
canary, and tray 4 has the pink.

Does any one have any comments on reliability, usage, or concerns? I
know that we can get forward and reverse collated sets but the printer
does not support ordered stock as far as I know. I am not 100% sure how
the application will be sending the prints down yet. I am primarily
trying to brainstorm this issue before we get too far into it. Any
input will be appreciated.

Old November 9th 05, 01:02 AM
JHG

You can purchase the NCR paper already collated. Check with your local
paper
supplier. I purchase it by the case for around $180.00USD. I currently use
it in a HP LJ-2200 feeding from the extra sheet feeder. Been using it for
several years to print invoices. Have had no problems. You will only need
1
sheet feeder.

JHG

ups.com...

Old November 9th 05, 11:48 AM

In message . com,
" writes
My company is looking at using our HP4350 with (3) 500 sheet feeders to
print 3 part invoices. Tray 2 has the White part, tray 3 has the
canary, and tray 4 has the pink.

Does any one have any comments on reliability, usage, or concerns? I
know that we can get forward and reverse collated sets but the printer
does not support ordered stock as far as I know. I am not 100% sure how
the application will be sending the prints down yet. I am primarily
trying to brainstorm this issue before we get too far into it. Any
input will be appreciated.

Many printer drivers have a 'print first page on different paper option'
whether that is extendable to the number of different trays you are
intending I don't know. Alternatively a product like fineprint might be
able to help, computer magazine disks (in UK at least) often have a demo
version on board, so presumably a trial version is downloadable.

--
Timothy