Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Old December 17th 12, 02:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Thomas Prost

Default Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Does anyone know if the S-Video-Interface of this card is output only or
can a VCR be connected there to copy VHS to PC ?
--
Thomas Prost
DFN

Old December 24th 12, 12:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

Looks Like S Out Only

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/542...page=13#manual

Think You Need AIW For S In

goldy

Old December 27th 12, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Thomas Prost

Am Sonntag, den 23.12.2012, 18:35 -0500 schrieb goldy:
Looks Like S Out Only

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/542...page=13#manual

BUT isn't there IN and OUT on the first screen of the back of the card ?
Is there some text, that says, it's only out ?

Think You Need AIW For S In

Plz, what is AIW ?
--
Thomas Prost
DFN

Old December 30th 12, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Rene

On 12/27/2012 11:56 PM, Thomas Prost wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 23.12.2012, 18:35 -0500 schrieb goldy:
Looks Like S Out Only

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/542...page=13#manual

BUT isn't there IN and OUT on the first screen of the back of the card ?
Is there some text, that says, it's only out ?

That's what it says but on
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/542...page=36#manual
it also says that SOME versions of the 2400 series support video in. And
http://tinyurl.com/awh6bxn unfortunately says that your card Radeon HD
2400 PRO does not have video in. Alas...

Think You Need AIW For S In

Plz, what is AIW ?

Abbrevation of "All in wonder", that's a name that ATI gives to cards
that have video in. Or at least gave, don't know whether they still do
it. In the past one could often see an empty spot on the card on which a
video capture ic could be soldered, the AIW version had it soldered on,
the non-AIW's just had the solder pads.

A friend of mine is into developping hardware and writing software for
video streaming (his job) and he said to me a while ago that one of the
best chips for analog video capturing is available in a usb stick from
dealextreme for a very low price. I think it was this one:

http://dx.com/p/easycap-usb-2-0-audi...e-dongle-11267

It has the advantage that it has the sound capturing hardware build into
it, many video capturing solutions use the sound card for that purpose
but that has the disadvantage that it is not rare that sooner or later
in the movie video and sound get out of sync.

You can read the reviews on the site of dealextreme should you be
interested.

Good luck!

Yours sincerely,
Rene