Boot problems after new hardware!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27th 03, 05:30 PM
Timothy Lister

Default Boot problems after new hardware!

I recently added a new CD burner to my second IDE channel. Previously I
had my hard drive as the master device on ch1 whilst my CD-ROM was the
master on ch2.
I discovered that the only way I could add my new drive was as slave to
the CD-ROM on ch2, as any other combination lead to the boot process hanging
halfway through.
I'd taken care to use the correct cable plugs & jumper settings on the
back of the drives & from what I've read about hardware installation I can't
see why, as long as the jumpers are correct, I can't set up the IDE devices
as I please?
Is there some BIOS setting that I should investigate to set up new IDE
configurations & what is the most likekly cause of the faliure to boot W98
in any other config other than just adding the new device to a free space?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

WinXP Boot problems *sigh* Martin General 2 August 30th 03 03:01 AM
WinXP Boot problems *sigh* - UPDATE - Help? Phrederik General 0 August 29th 03 04:41 PM
Boot Problems Cuzman General 1 August 19th 03 10:12 PM
2 weird problems during boot sequence - help Firebird81 General 0 August 12th 03 03:50 PM
Real hardware problem this time - computer won't boot Cyde Weys General 5 July 4th 03 02:55 AM