5.1 keeps changing to 2 speaker

Old July 24th 03, 12:25 PM
Ronnie El-Sayed

Default 5.1 keeps changing to 2 speaker

hi

im not sure if this has been addressed but i have a sblive 5.1 digital sound
card and i use windows xp..i always hibernate but sumtimes it will crash in
d restore process and therefore losing all my hibernated status and its as
if i did a proper shut down. Whenever that happens, or whenever i do a
proper shutdown or restart, my configuration changes back to 2 speakers
rather than 5.1. Has any1 else had this problem and is there a way around
it?

Thanx
Ron

Old July 25th 03, 07:56 PM
Wayne Youngman

Ronnie El-Sayed wrote:
hi

im not sure if this has been addressed but i have a sblive 5.1
digital sound card and i use windows xp..i always hibernate but
sumtimes it will crash in d restore process and therefore losing all
my hibernated status and its as if i did a proper shut down. Whenever
that happens, or whenever i do a proper shutdown or restart, my
configuration changes back to 2 speakers rather than 5.1. Has any1
else had this problem and is there a way around it?

Hi,

I posted about this a few months back. I use a SB-LIVE! Platinum
(Live-Drive II) alongside a Cambridge DTT2500 on an INTEL system. It must
all be about three years old now but is still working well. However since I
switched to WindowsXP (about 9 months ago) I too had that same *glitch*
where the speakers will *ALWAYS* default back to 2-Speaker (usually its
4-speaker). I am using the older 24MB LIVE! drivers from creative web-site,
but I have also updated with the 5MB ish update (new). On the Plus side
stability is not an issue, works flawlessly, no troubles. Also this issue
doesn't appear under Windows 200 Pro, just XP.

I will be doing a clean format of WinXP (SP1) soon so I will see how it
works out. I did notice in the new patch update it says it addresses an
issue with the speaker settings, and now will synchronise with the windows
speaker settings. I still didn't get this fixed, and have to manually reset
the speaker settings to 4, however I leave my system on 24/7 so this hasn't
proven to be too much a problem

Wayne ][

Old July 27th 03, 02:08 AM
Wayne Youngman

"Ronnie El-Sayed" wrote

im not sure if this has been addressed but i have a sblive 5.1 digital

sound
card and i use windows xp..i always hibernate but sumtimes it will crash

in
d restore process and therefore losing all my hibernated status and its as
if i did a proper shut down. Whenever that happens, or whenever i do a
proper shutdown or restart, my configuration changes back to 2 speakers
rather than 5.1. Has any1 else had this problem and is there a way around
it?

Hi again,

just to follow up my last post. I did do a *clean* install of WinXP SP1
today and applied the LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG) (23.3MB) from the creative site
and Bingo! it works fine. Must have been some weird conflict of software or
something?. Anyway before I installed the creative drivers I made sure the
*Windows* speaker settings were the same as my system (4:1).

Wayne ][

Old July 27th 03, 12:51 PM
Ronnie El-Sayed

thanks wayne

ill give that a go

ronnie

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message

"Ronnie El-Sayed" wrote

[...]

no sound from rear centre speaker SB Audigy2 PCI card & Inspire 6.1 6700 no66y© Homebuilt PC's 3 July 15th 04 08:35 PM
Safe to place a hard drive right next to a computer case speaker? J. Clarke Storage (alternative) 4 May 11th 04 12:12 AM
A7V8X-MX-UAY 5 VOLTS ON SPEAKER? Paul Asus Motherboards 0 April 1st 04 06:53 AM
Motherboard speaker Parish General 8 March 12th 04 02:49 AM
Audigy: Front channels coming through _one_ speaker. Paul Moloney PC Soundcards 0 September 4th 03 12:30 AM