Weird things happen with electricity through air.

Old September 8th 11, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default Weird things happen with electricity through air.

Hello,

Here some suggestions for further research:

1. One metal pin in the power wall socket.

2. One metal pin in the air near power wall socket.

Results:

Electricity spark flows through the air from pin to pin.

Weird stuff happens to electrical equipment.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old September 8th 11, 03:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
brent

On Sep 7, 10:20*pm, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:
Hello,

Here some suggestions for further research:

1. One metal pin in the power wall socket.

2. One metal pin in the air near power wall socket.

Results:

Electricity spark flows through the air from pin to pin.

Weird stuff happens to electrical equipment.

Bye,
* Skybuck.

I give you credit... You are a rather good hearted troll.
Old September 8th 11, 04:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

"
I give you credit... You are a rather good hearted troll.
"

This is not a troll, this is reality.

I have seen my DreamPC and HP Monitor behave weird after a power spark from
the power wall socket when plugging the power box into it.

And now my Pentium III is dead after a power wall socket spark.

And it caused the light to go off/circuit breaker switch...

How do you explain that mister anti-troll-calling-this-a-troll, this ain't
fake, this is real.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 8th 11, 04:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

wrote:
Hello,

Here some suggestions for further research:

1. One metal pin in the power wall socket.

2. One metal pin in the air near power wall socket.

Results:

Electricity spark flows through the air from pin to pin.

Weird stuff happens to electrical equipment.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"
I give you credit... You are a rather good hearted troll.
"

Try it yourself.

Hold your television analog cable in space it will transmit screen as
mentioned before by me on usenet and confirmed by others.

The same happens to electricity which is the same thing.

The weird space/noise you see on the television is what happens to
electricons apperently, noise is introduced which can be considerd bugs...

It creates radical behaviour in electronis.

I dare you to try it yourself and hold the power plug skewed until it
sparks, but I dare you to try it since you not brave enough to actually try
it because deep down you already believe me that it's badddddddddddd. But
why is it bad ? It remains a mystery for as far as I am concerned until
somebody clearifies it.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 8th 11, 04:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

wrote:
[...]

"Transients"

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - Magick and Technology
Old September 8th 11, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.wetenschap,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

wrote:
[...]

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/el...nts-d_822.html

"
A transient is a high voltage spike of less than 10 microseconds in
duration. Transients in power lines may have voltage spikes up to 6,000
volts, and it is not unusual that spikes in commercial industrial circuits
excess 1,000 volts.

High voltage transients follows the path of least resistance to the ground,
creates a damaging heat in the circuit components and causing malfunctions
and failure.

External Transient Sources

External transients at high voltage caused by lightning hitting the power
lines are reduced through the distribution transformers by a factor typical
1 to 6. Since the transients caused by lighting may be extremely high - more
than 50,000 volts - the resulting transients after the transformers in the
distribution system may be very high when they reach the internal circuit.

Internal Transient Sources

Switching on and off of motors in the internal circuit can cause transients
up to 2,500 volts.
"

Well I do have a fridge with a broken freezer door which doesn't shut
properly... The freezer's motor is constantly running... perhaps this caused
a transient ?!?

But what the article does not explain is:

Are these transients in the power lines at all times ?

The article mentions: "10 microseconds in duration"

But my question is:

Is it possible for a transient to remain in the power lines in a looping
kind of fashion ?

Otherwise it would have to be a coincidence... I plug it in... and a
transient happens...

But once ok, but twice ? Maybe fridge has something to do with it... or the
weather... there were some thunder storms lately... but I barely hear them
because of earplugs !

Last question: were power supplies in the 90's designed against transients,
how about now ?

My DreamPC survived the power spark. My pentium did not... The answer could
then be: no not in the 90's yes in the 2000's.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 8th 11, 05:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,sci.electronics.design
SoothSayer

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 05:34:43 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

How do you explain that mister anti-troll-calling-this-a-troll, this ain't
fake, this is real.

Your IQ is less than the number of letters in that sentence. And that
was a real assessment, not a troll.
Old September 8th 11, 03:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,sci.electronics.design
Jamie

wrote:

How do you explain that mister anti-troll-calling-this-a-troll, this ain't
fake, this is real.

Your IQ is less than the number of letters in that sentence. And that
was a real assessment, not a troll.

There you go, you just over rated him.

Jamie

Old September 8th 11, 10:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

wrote:
Here some suggestions for further research:

You're on a limited scope not having lived in lightening capitals.

I've talked to two people, during storms, who left their doors open.

Lightening came through the door, formed into a ball, and rolled
through their house.

Haven't seen it, though no doubt interesting - least mention others
I've also known others who have made a decent living repairing
electrics off the storm seasons - still, I think I'd rather moved to a
drier state for a professional career riding bulls without balls of
fire.
Old September 9th 11, 05:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,sci.electronics.design
SoothSayer

wrote:

How do you explain that mister anti-troll-calling-this-a-troll, this ain't
fake, this is real.

Your IQ is less than the number of letters in that sentence. And that
was a real assessment, not a troll.

There you go, you just over rated him.

Jamie

By 30 points at least.