The Full Moon explanation

Old September 13th 11, 01:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default The Full Moon explanation

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message ...

On 12/09/2011 11:09 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

Paul noticed I post more stuff when it's full moon, at least according
to him... I am not sure if it's just a joke or a true observation.

"
It seems more likely that you'll post about full moons when there is
one. Given that you're clearly inclined to post about full moons, this
may itself be a sufficient explanation for your alleged increased
posting rate at full moons.

Sylvia.
"

No I only recently started to investigate Pauls' observation

Can anybody double check his observation to see if it's really true ?!

Or maybe it's just google, maybe google likes storing my postings on a full
moon, and throws away the rest !

Addition:

Well, maybe I should check myself if there is a pattern, because I am the
only person on the entire planet who probably has all my postings nicely
tucked away in windows live mail.

To be able to check if there is any thruth to his observation I would need a
program which would tell me when there was a full moon ?!?

But first I would need to know:

What is a full moon ?

Is it visible to the entire planet as it rotates ? or do different countries
experience the moon differently ? I would think everybody more or less
experiences it the same...

So then it doesn't need to be related to my location...

I just need the dates of when there was a full moon ?!?

Perhaps I will further investigate to see if there are formula's available
to determine when there is a full moon...

And then I can print some dates... and do a first visual examination...

If I wanted to do an automated examination I/my program would need to be
able to read the windows live mail format.

Bye,
Skybuck

Old September 13th 11, 01:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Another in this sentence means two things to me:

1. Time-wise another observation.
2. Appearance-wise another observation.

To me no full moon looks the same, it's position can be different, it's size
can be different and it's brightness can be different, and the clouds can
also play a roll in it.

Ofcourse we only have one moon

Bye,
Skybuck =D

"Orac" wrote in message
b.home.nl...

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht
b.home.nl...
Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

That is AMAZING, I always thought we had only ONE moon! But we seem to have
another full moon too!

Old September 13th 11, 02:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Another interesting question could be:

How was earth when there was no moon ?

How important is the moon for earth nowadays ?! =D

What would happen to earth if the moon was gone ?! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D
Old September 13th 11, 02:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...

[...]

Further addition:

Well this is interesting, there aren't that many full moons, never knew that
!
(At least according to this website

http://www.fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon...1900-2050.html

But I wonder... for example today... the full moon seems to continue
somewhat... again very bright ?!?

So what does this full moon calender mean, do they consider only a few
seconds to be "true full moon" ? Hmm....

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 13th 11, 09:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise[_3_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:

"It's a psychological effect. Humans feel more at easy when it's a full
moon, they will get less quickly surprised during the night by foes."

Far be it from me to respond to Skybuck with anything approaching reason,
but there has been a "full moon" theory advanced by several researchers.

The explanation is simple. The same amounts of the same events happen
pretty much whenever they happen, randomly distributed over time.

But when people, for example, show up at the ER on Full Moon night,
it's the fact that the moon is full that suggests to them that there's
some correlation.

In other words, more weird stuff doesn't happen, just more people
_notice_ the weird stuff that's actually going on all the time, and
so associate it with the full moon, which is an event in its own
right.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Old September 14th 11, 03:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Wanderer[_2_]

On Sep 11, 9:09*pm, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:
Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

Paul noticed I post more stuff when it's full moon, at least according to
him... I am not sure if it's just a joke or a true observation.

But I am indeed feeling more at easy now that it's a full moon, not
completely sure if it has something to do with it but it could.

So here is my hypothesis:

"It's a psychological effect. Humans feel more at easy when it's a full
moon, they will get less quickly surprised during the night by foes."

(The light from the moon does seem to light up the dark street a little bit
The street is dark since a few days, maybe it's an experiment at
saving electricity.)

Bye,
* Skybuck.

If you want to see if postings correlate with the full moon, why not
just use a usenet group as a data set. You can compare usenet postings
with the time of day, day of the week, seasons, time zones, months,
full moons whatever. You'll then have some facts to base you theories
on.

privat ueberwachung in Neuss fletcher moon privatdetektivprivatdedektiv berlin detektiv buero detektei nuernberg [email protected] Dell Computers 0 September 2nd 08 04:59 AM
Global Warming is caused by the Sun, the moon and the stars. PiggyPalace Printers 0 October 16th 07 09:21 PM
Moon and Sun big Hart Homebuilt PC's 4 July 6th 07 11:28 PM
Full moon alert! JAD Homebuilt PC's 0 November 18th 04 12:10 AM
keyboard... on the moon?! Nicola General 0 April 3rd 04 12:09 AM