Why did Dell not install Vista SP1 onto the computer?

Old May 25th 08, 07:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Why did Dell not install Vista SP1 onto the computer?

SP1 for Vista was released on March 18. My parents ordered their
computer from Dell about 6 weeks later. I assumed that SP1 would be
on there, but I just found out that was not the case. You would think
that with all the problems with Vista, a lot of which were fixed in
SP1, Dell would have installed it onto their computers. But they
really dropped the ball. I've seen some really annoying bugs with
Vista, which I wouldn't have run into if SP1 was on the machine.

I also ran into a problem with Windows Update not telling me that SP1
was available, even though SP1 was not installed on the computer. So
Microsoft dropped the ball on that one.
Old May 25th 08, 09:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
tpow

wrote in message
SP1 for Vista was released on March 18. My parents ordered their
computer from Dell about 6 weeks later. I assumed that SP1 would be
on there, but I just found out that was not the case. You would think
that with all the problems with Vista, a lot of which were fixed in
SP1, Dell would have installed it onto their computers. But they
really dropped the ball. I've seen some really annoying bugs with
Vista, which I wouldn't have run into if SP1 was on the machine.

I also ran into a problem with Windows Update not telling me that SP1
was available, even though SP1 was not installed on the computer. So
Microsoft dropped the ball on that one.

probably because all their stock of OS discs that are sent out with machines
are still basic Vista and it will take a little longer for those with SP1 to
filter through.

Old May 25th 08, 05:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Sat, 24 May 2008 23:27:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

SP1 for Vista was released on March 18. My parents ordered their
computer from Dell about 6 weeks later. I assumed that SP1 would be
on there, but I just found out that was not the case. You would think
that with all the problems with Vista, a lot of which were fixed in
SP1, Dell would have installed it onto their computers. But they
really dropped the ball. I've seen some really annoying bugs with
Vista, which I wouldn't have run into if SP1 was on the machine.

I also ran into a problem with Windows Update not telling me that SP1
was available, even though SP1 was not installed on the computer. So
Microsoft dropped the ball on that one.

Out of curiousity, what are the annoying Vista bugs that you had that
you wouldn't have run into with SP1?

From what I've read, Windows Update makes sure that your computer is
ready to receive SP1, so you have to install prerequisite updates from
Windows Update first.