what boards are among the best?

Old July 4th 03, 01:07 AM
James Paraskeva

Default what boards are among the best?

Abit NFS-7
Asus A7N8X deluxe (rev2.0)

"homer" wrote in message
a...
I have an XP 2500, and an XP 2700+. Now comes the choice of boards. I have
my eye on a few boards, but what I want to know is which boards are best

for
overclocking and stability? If you will, anyone who is reading this,

please

The reason I am asking this is because I have mo hands on experience with
any newer boards and I bet you experienced folks here do.

The one I purchase is going to need to have the multiplier function
avalaible for me to change as I dont do (and FSB obvously) modifications

my chips (I'd break something). More convienienty would be easy voltage
controls and stuff. (End goal is to run the XP2500+ at 400FSB.)

Thanks now for any replies. yeah!

Old July 4th 03, 01:58 AM
Frank Weston

The Epox 8RDA3+ seems to be the choice for serious overclocking and it gets
good reviews. Check here for what the top overclockers use:
http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/AMD/TBred/ It also comes with a very nice
bundle of parts and accessories. The Abit NF7-S and the Asus A7N8X deluxe
(rev2.0) are also highly recommended. All use the same nVidia chipset.
Here are a couple of reviews:

www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/epox-8rda3+/

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2003/epox...+/8rda3+p1.htm

Old July 4th 03, 03:28 AM
LeeB18509

"homer" wrote in message
a...
I have an XP 2500, and an XP 2700+. Now comes the choice of boards. I have
my eye on a few boards, but what I want to know is which boards are best

for
overclocking and stability? If you will, anyone who is reading this,

please

The reason I am asking this is because I have mo hands on experience with
any newer boards and I bet you experienced folks here do.

The one I purchase is going to need to have the multiplier function
avalaible for me to change as I dont do (and FSB obvously) modifications

my chips (I'd break something). More convienienty would be easy voltage
controls and stuff. (End goal is to run the XP2500+ at 400FSB.)

Thanks now for any replies. yeah!

I like my new MSI K7N2 Delta-L and with the 2500 you could drop it in and
run 200x11 without doing anything special.

Old July 4th 03, 04:02 AM
Robert Sligh

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:19:09 GMT, "homer" wrote:

I have an XP 2500, and an XP 2700+. Now comes the choice of boards. I have
my eye on a few boards, but what I want to know is which boards are best for
overclocking and stability? If you will, anyone who is reading this, please

The reason I am asking this is because I have mo hands on experience with
any newer boards and I bet you experienced folks here do.

The one I purchase is going to need to have the multiplier function
avalaible for me to change as I dont do (and FSB obvously) modifications to
my chips (I'd break something). More convienienty would be easy voltage
controls and stuff. (End goal is to run the XP2500+ at 400FSB.)

Thanks now for any replies. yeah!

Abit NF7-S
Asus A7N8X deluxe v2.0
either of those two boards but the Abit is a little better . I have an ASUS
I bought it before I put a Abit together . Both are easy to set up and make
changes in the bios multipliers and FSB .
Old July 4th 03, 10:39 PM
Neil

the newest Epox or Abit based on the NF2 ultra chipset is what you should
be after, NF7-S V2 Abit, Epox 8rda3+ are among the best boards going Asus's
newest nf2 would be my third choice, I currently run the Abit NF7-S v2, and
am awaiting the new Epox if it ever shows here in canada.

Neil