PS/2 vs USB Keyboard and why Logitech K120 belongs in trash !

Old December 4th 19, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default PS/2 vs USB Keyboard and why Logitech K120 belongs in trash !

Hello,

In this video I prove why PS/2 keyboards are better for typing and gaming.

https://youtu.be/fQxe7MXUYOo

In short:
PS/2 drivers are optimized and use less CPU cycles and thus will remain responsive in HEAVY CPU GAMING USAGE.

Logitech K120 USB Keyboard has BAD drivers and TINY annoying shift key on the left, the rest is also a few millimeters off causing QUESTION MARK to be pressed while trying to hold RIGHT shift key.

(Unfortunately I smashed it to pieces before I could test the BAD drivers like shown in this video, however I used another USB keyboard, Logitech UltraX it has much better drivers but even here it shows the USB drivers consume more CPU cycles ! Therefore I advise gamers to use PS/2 connections for keyboards when available, to keep keyboard responsive during HIGH CPU usage during gaming, especially for World of Warships ! )

I completely smashed this **** out of Logitech K120 and put it in the trash where it belongs =D

It was 12 euros. Worst 12 euros ever spent ! LOL. Shame on Logitech for producing this garbage. I am very glad this keyboard is now DEAD, so I did have some fun smashing the **** out of this 12 euro costing piece of ****.

This video shows:

1. LiteOn PS/2 Keyboard in white, using less cpu cycles (less black lines on screen).
2. Logitech UltraX USB keyboard, using more cpu cyces (more black lines). This keyboard has better drives than the Logitech K120 presumably, but still perhaps worse than PS/2.
3. Logitech K120 keyboard in trash where it belongs ! =D
4. Tiny annoying shift key on Logitech K120 keyboard.

Worse 12 euro's ever spent on hardware.

This keyboard lasted about 6 months or 1 year or something before I totally smashed it to pieces, couldn't stand it anymore.

This is the first piece of hardware that I completely smashed to pieces as far as I can remember ! LOL.

That says something about the horror of this product ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old December 4th 19, 05:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 06:56:25 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Worse 12 euro's ever spent on hardware.

This keyboard lasted about 6 months or 1 year or something before I totally smashed it to pieces, couldn't stand it anymore.

This is the first piece of hardware that I completely smashed to pieces as far as I can remember ! LOL.

That says something about the horror of this product ! =D

Didn't spend much more on my FIRST Chinese MECHANICAL keyboard. It
was too small for 87-keys and bought, spent more for a full-sized
MECHANICAL model, much the same but second time up otherwise for a
107-key and bigger.

They were pre-smashed due to Chinese assembly constrictions with wave
soldering. It's a Chinese thing for quality control and training,
effectively, as I could see when I disassembled the 107-keyed
keyboard.

So I spent the cost, then in addition and again, the cost of the
first, 12 Euros, and bought a Chinese Everyman's 20-watt soldering
station.

I replaced, "reflowed", the contacts for each of the 107 keys with
bright, big bubbles of solid solder-joints impeccably placed as spaced
(colour-flashy LEDs were another matter, sub-perfunctionary to real
gamers, but adequately soldered for non-stressed joints).

Now I have a $20-ish/US 107 large keyboard in the same quality grade
of a mechanical brand, which still sell post-ALPS, Cherry switches and
have been for a couple decades, costing $80+/US, that the Chinese
began producing, a couple years ago, made with Japanese high quality
mechanical keyswitches for a fraction of Cherry costs.

There's games and then there's games: By the time I'd finished
re-flowing a few switches and got the hang of it, I was the One,
Superman the Solder Machine, sorely tempted to send in my résumé for a
position on a Chinese soldering line, skipping $2.20/US an hour
training wages altogether for immediate advancement.
Old December 4th 19, 05:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Part 2 (shorter video 3 mins and 30 secs and looks at visualizations only, on both cores, since driver might run on different core):

Better analysis of PS/2 vs USB Keyboard, USB mouse show too (on dual core system).

https://youtu.be/Tv6e75GBfHI

Each pixel roughly represents one microsecond of time or so. Each black pixel shows something else consuming CPU, which in this case would mean USB drivers. It's possible that driver runs on different core, so both cores visualize.

Each visualization runs on it's own core.

It seems the PS/2 keyboard runs more consistent and consumes slightly less time than USB keyboard.

USB mouse uses a lot of CPU.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old December 4th 19, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_39_]

wrote:
Part 2 (shorter video 3 mins and 30 secs and looks at visualizations only, on both cores, since driver might run on different core):

Better analysis of PS/2 vs USB Keyboard, USB mouse show too (on dual core system).

https://youtu.be/Tv6e75GBfHI

Each pixel roughly represents one microsecond of time or so. Each black pixel shows something else consuming CPU, which in this case would mean USB drivers. It's possible that driver runs on different core, so both cores visualize.

Each visualization runs on it's own core.

It seems the PS/2 keyboard runs more consistent and consumes slightly less time than USB keyboard.

USB mouse uses a lot of CPU.

My Logitech mouse has adjustable ("update"?) rate, depending on
how much CPU power you want to dedicate to it. I assume they
could easily add that feature to keyboards too if they wanted to.
So far, I haven't ever tried a wireless mouse where I didn't feel
"lag", but I haven't tested alot, and none lately. I assume a
wireless keyboard would disappoint in the same way.