i-Techcom.co.uk?

Old March 22nd 05, 02:13 PM

I got the same msg, i mailed them back with an irate email. I've tried
ringing them for the last couple of days now. 99% of the time it's
engaged, the rare time i do get through it's rings and rings to
timeout.

I rang my bank (barclays) and gave them the information you guys have
posted on this thread, they then told me i need to give it 30 days
before they can do something. They will then give me my money back and
pursue the claim themselves.

I did actually get through to i-techcom twice last week, the first time
was just before i ordered WoW and they said it would get to me within
2-5 days (i ordered it Tuesday 15th March) Then i rang on Thursday to
see where it was and i got through, they then told me i would be
receiving it on this Wednesday; Thursday at the latest.

Maybe they ARE having problems with delivery, but from what you guys
have posted on this thread so far, i'm very dubious. Whatever happens
though, i've still go to wait any way so i've got no choice other than
to wait until the end of this week...

Old March 22nd 05, 03:06 PM
Chris

Thankyou for this information. A very dodgy operation indeed, I'll be
cancelling immediatley through the credit card company. Think I'll order
from GamePlay, they say they can get it to me for the 8th April...and
they're actually TRUSTWORTHY.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I also purchased 3 games and none of them arrived. The money was taken
from my bank account. I did a little digging into the company and
found out the following.

The company address is a block of flats.

The Telephone system is just 1 line.

The money was taken from a point of sale machine at "The Corner Shop"
in Chatham.

After calling the Corner Shop, they denied all knowledge of the
transaction and said they do not know I-tech nor do they sell on the
internet.

I then spoke to my bank who have advised me to contact the police and
from switch direct.

I contacted I-tech through there "Contact Us" message board to advise
them that I will be contacting the police and they even ignored this.

I don't think I will ever see these games and maybe my money either.

Old March 22nd 05, 03:27 PM
reckoning

"Chris" wrote in message ...
Has anyone else ordered from these guys? I ordered some software from them
last Wednesday. However, I'd not filled in the CVV #, so the order was
cancelled. Early on Thursday evening I emailled them the number, and was
told the order would be progressed, and I should have it within 3 days. Now,
1 week on, I have received nothing, and am starting to get worried.

I've been emailling them every day without any response (except for the
first email in which I sent the CVV number), and the LiveSupport is forever
offline. Calling them is next on the cards I reckon. Any thoughts?

Just been told by my credit card company that I have been charged by a
company called "the corner shop". It does sound like I've been conned
out my money. Seems unlikely now I'll ever get my money back.

Another worrying thing is that I entered all my credit card details
into the site as well when I first entered the order! If this site is
indeed run by some crooks then they have my cc details as well.

I've tried to call them AGAIN using these numbers 08700 174 095 &
01634 406 640 as well as the 3 email addressee's I have for them. I
can't even get through on the phones (engaged permanently, the one
time it did ring it just rang out for 10 mins) and I've received no
response at all from any of the email addresses.

Alan have you made contact with the police yet?

Steve
Old March 22nd 05, 04:22 PM
Gama Chameleon

On 22 Mar 2005 07:27:54 -0800, (reckoning)
wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message ...
[...]

I expect its probably someone running a company from home as a side
line job and getting the local corner shop to process their
transactions for them (else they are the corner shop owner doing a
side line). They may well have found out they underestimated the
amount of work they let themselves in for. Hence if they are doing a
9-5 job on top of this, they are over loaded and not answering the
phone in the day (i.e. not there).

I would be concerned though about Alan's post in the thread that the
Corner Shop is denying all knowledge of the transaction. Of course
they would be letting themselves in for alot of trouble if they are
being used for a front for fraud.

I wouldn't be supprised if its just someone who works as the shop
doing it as a side line and the person answering the phone didn't
know.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.
Old March 22nd 05, 05:21 PM
Chris

You should be able to get your money back through the credit card company -
you can usually get fraudulent charges frozen and cancelled.

"reckoning" wrote in message
om...

Old March 22nd 05, 10:13 PM
JamesO

Does anyone live in or near Kent, they could nip over and check it
out, it would be very interesting to see what this building is and
report back. It's certainly got a lot of people worried about being
scammed, and if it is a legitimate company then obviously they can't
avoid a direct face-to-face confrontation...
Old March 23rd 05, 12:27 AM

Chris wrote:
"Turps619" wrote in message
oups.com...
Further development, today I recieved this email...

"Thankyou for your recent order placed through our website.

Due to an overwhelming number of orders we are currently

experiencing a
back-log of orders which we are working hard to clear.

Any outstanding orders are being processed as quickly as possible

and
additional staff have been bought in to prevent any further delay.

We apologise for any inconvenience this delay has caused and we
appreciate your patience.

Regards

i-Tech Components Sales Team"

Who knows what will happen next? I guess we'll have to wait and see

if
I ever get my games.

~Turps

Yep, I got the same. I have a feeling they might try stalling until

8th
April, when all stores are being restocked.

Old March 23rd 05, 12:22 PM
JamesO

Found more information on the company

http://www.adtraderkent.co.uk/itech/

I guess this is them, pre-'i-techcom'

Plus, i've just found the owning company's website (i-tech systems)
with *gasp* a different phone number!

http://www.i-techsys.co.uk/