Aria RMA's - pathetic

Old January 11th 05, 12:29 PM
Dave

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Michael Rodgers" wrote in
:

It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle.

FWIW sent back a TFT with dead pixels on 17th Dec . Refund authorised on
the 10th Jan. Over the busy Xmas period. Time wasnt brilliant and wasnt

bad
IMO just OK. Handled well, good communication whilst I was out of pocket

Thats the point ive been making, they may not be the fastest but they do
deal with your returns, and inform you when its been tested etc. The time
frame it takes any company is purely a subjective personal thing.

Still my next TFT will be purchased in such a way that I can return it if
*I* find it unacceptable (rather than some ISO standard that doesnt

account
for general pixel location etc) even if it cost me 20-30 quid more!

One of the reasons i havent bought a TFT screen is due to the regular dead
pixels prob i keep hearing about, lets hope the manufacturers sort that
niggle out soon

Old January 11th 05, 12:48 PM
Dave

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
Lordy wrote in
:

FWIW sent back a TFT with dead pixels on 17th Dec . Refund authorised
on the 10th Jan. Over the busy Xmas period. Time wasnt brilliant and
wasnt bad IMO just OK. Handled well, good communication whilst I was
out of pocket

Now I have to return the DivX player as it is locking up after 10-30
minutes.

Yikes, hope my replacement is ok, was yours a crystal divx player?

In the last 6 months I've also had to return a graphics card to Dabs,

some
ultra crappy Hi-Space DVD-R to Amazon and an mp3 player to SVP. Only Dabs

*shudder* Hi-Space dvdr.... Yuck! ;D
As for the mp3 player from SVP, have you seen their new model, that takes
sd/mmc cards? (product {HA 4132} MP3 Player with SD/MMC Card Slot)
http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acata...Section__.html (about 3
quarters down the page)
seems good to me for only 19.99 and allows you to shove a 1GB card in it
)

really peed me off because the graphics card only had ONE output of any
kind (DVI / VGA) and they said the card supports TWO monitors. (though

the
chipset might it was physically impossible for the card to do so).

Wonkers.

LOL, dont you just love it when retailers quote what the card is
technologicically capable of rather then what it can actually do

I had to return under the DSR and will NEVER use them again.
If anyone else reads this post - be warned!

Yep ive had probs with dabs before, some of there descriptions seem just
plain wrong, last time i looked. Like most they are ok if you get what you
want, luckily i have never used them very often, something about there site
i hust dont like, to me it just feels cluttered and unorganised. That
being said the range is good IMO

Prior to the last six months I've never had any problems at all!

Crikey you are having a bad time then (

I'm done with no-name brands unless I find *many* (not just 1 or 2) solid
recommendations on the net.

I wouldnt agree with that, some no-name brand stuff can be very good,
however it does seem to be becoming a bit more hit or miss as to whether
you get an no-name item that is worthy of your hard earned cash, 1-2 years
ago no-name dvd players seemed to be the best you could buy, they would
play anything (vcd/svcd/xvcd etc on the most c&&p media you could buy) it
now seems the build quality is going down the pan ( however this also
seems to be the case for some known brands as well, as an example if i
compare my fathers pioneer 656 dvd player to its nearest current pioneer
model you can spot the difference in build quality immediately, pioneer dvd
players are still good IMO, but for things such as the casing, the metal
seems thinner, the drive unit in the machines seem noisier and just in
general it seems they have been built with an eye to keeping costs as low
as possible... I hope this isnt the way the technology market is going (

Old January 11th 05, 11:26 PM
Lordy

"Dave" wrote in
:

One of the reasons i havent bought a TFT screen is due to the regular
dead pixels prob i keep hearing about, lets hope the manufacturers
sort that niggle out soon

SVP have a no quibble warrantee (30 day IIRC) and stock the Digimate 17"
but only the 16ms model and for nearly 170 quid. (ex P&P). I have confirmed
they will honour the no quibble warrantee for TFT's also - you need have no
reason whatsoever to return in that time frame. However 170quid is awfully
close to 200 quid at which some of the "better" units can be bought retail.

--
Lordy
Old January 12th 05, 01:21 AM
Dave

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in
:

One of the reasons i havent bought a TFT screen is due to the regular
dead pixels prob i keep hearing about, lets hope the manufacturers
sort that niggle out soon

SVP have a no quibble warrantee (30 day IIRC) and stock the Digimate 17"
but only the 16ms model and for nearly 170 quid. (ex P&P). I have

confirmed
they will honour the no quibble warrantee for TFT's also - you need have

no
reason whatsoever to return in that time frame. However 170quid is

awfully
close to 200 quid at which some of the "better" units can be bought

retail.

SVP are very good with regards to returns and problem items ) and in my
experience very easy to contact on the telephone
I think i will wait a while though as TFT screens are gradually coming down
in price, and im sure its only a matter of time before the dead pixel prob
that occurs with some screens more then others is worked out, Ideally id
like a 19inch model, but known brands of them are still quite pricey

Old January 13th 05, 02:31 AM
Lordy

"Dave" wrote in news:cs1q5c$ru8$1
@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

, Ideally id
like a 19inch model, but known brands of them are still quite pricey

Also (IMO) only worh it if the native resolution is higher than 17" - many
are not AFAIK.

--
Lordy
Old January 13th 05, 08:54 PM
Dave

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in news:cs1q5c$ru8$1
@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

, Ideally id
like a 19inch model, but known brands of them are still quite pricey

Also (IMO) only worh it if the native resolution is higher than 17" -

many
are not AFAIK.

AFAIK you are correct, yes having a 19inch monitor that isnt capable of
high resolutions is a bit stupid.