Aria RMA's - pathetic

Old January 6th 05, 01:57 PM
Michael Rodgers

Default Aria RMA's - pathetic

It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

Clearly this is too much for them.

Does anyone know if this a situation where my Credit Card company can deal
with it for me? I just want a working shuttle, as quickly as possible. Being
without a machine for a month is taking the mick

Old January 6th 05, 02:26 PM
Jeff Gaines

On 06/01/2005 Michael Rodgers wrote:

It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't
want anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just
another model, exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty
since arrival.

Clearly this is too much for them.

Does anyone know if this a situation where my Credit Card company can
deal with it for me? I just want a working shuttle, as quickly as
possible. Being without a machine for a month is taking the mick

I had the same issue with Dabs and an XCube. They proudly announce on
their web site that warranty returns take 6 weeks and it did.

I suspect that consumer law would deem this unreasonable but the time
and cost involved in a court case makes it uneconomical.

You could try your c/c company, last time I did that it took four
months to get my money back.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm
Old January 6th 05, 03:36 PM
Dave

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

I realise it is frustrating, im gonna through a return at the moment,
however I must say that although it may take a while aria will eventually
sort it.
Also may i say that being "ALMOST a month" in terms of time that it takes
many retailers to deal with a return is nothing.
I had something as simple as a 20 odd quid graphics card go pop a few years
back.
It was ordered from ECLIPSE COMPUTERS, I returned it to them in the manner
they wanted, was not able to track the return at all and had no
communication from any staff (not a single email or phone call) in the end
i had to basically hound them day in day out to get the thing replaced,
when it was replaced it was with an inferior model, that had clearerly
already been used. All this took 12+ weeks to sort, they refused to refund
my postage that it cost to send the item back also.
With aria it may take a while, but you can log into your account through
their website to check on the status of the returned item, Customer Service
also email you when the return has been processed, and when it is
dispatched you should also get a courier tracking number emailed to you, so
all in all even though it takes time atleast they communicate with you and
deal with the return.

Clearly this is too much for them.

Clearly you failed to realise xmas is a busy time and clearly as it hasnt
even been 4 weeks are a bit impatient, christ my return to aria took about
4 weeks in total, i emailed customer service about 3 weeks in just asking
for any possible update on my return and they replied to me, so clearly its
not beyond them, they did make a slight cock up with my return (basically
cos the item was 11 months old and they automatically assumed that they
could send an identical product to me, which they couldnt cos they no
longer stock it. A few polite emails to Rob and Customer service at aria
sorted things though )
I admit aria are not perfect when it comes to dealing with returns, however
they seem to be a hell of a lot better then some of the clown companies ive
had previous dealings with. Im guessing this is probably your first return
of a computer part to one of the large online suppliers, if it wasnt you
would know that expecting everything to be sorted in less then 4 weeks
(especially over xmas) is expecting too much.

Does anyone know if this a situation where my Credit Card company can

deal
with it for me? I just want a working shuttle, as quickly as possible.

Being
without a machine for a month is taking the mick

You could contact the card people, however i generally find the polite calm
approach works best with most companys. May i ask have you tried to
contact them??? and if so was you polite?? Or did you make statements about
getting the card company involved and say things like "Clearly this is too
much for them." to the staff? If you did then im sorry to say it but
rudeness will only get you what you dont want!
I suggest an polite email just asking a few questions like......
Hi could you please if possible give me an update on my return, RMA number
XXXX? (where XXXX is your returns number)
Also try...
If at all possible could you give a rough idea of how long the return is
likely to take because............. (where ............. is the reason your
in a hurry to get it returned)
It only takes a bit of politeness and being resonable communication and im
sure within the next say 2-3 weeks all will be sorted for you.

Old January 6th 05, 03:39 PM
Mike Jenkins

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:57:21 -0000, "Michael Rodgers"
wrote:

It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

Clearly this is too much for them.

Does anyone know if this a situation where my Credit Card company can deal
with it for me? I just want a working shuttle, as quickly as possible. Being
without a machine for a month is taking the mick

I returned a motherboard to them for a refund which my CC company had
to get for me as Aria couldn't be arsed to do it - however I had a
proof of refund so it may be difficult without that.

--
Mike Jenkins
Dreamcast/Gamecube FAQs - http://www.kwik-e-mart.org
Old January 6th 05, 05:01 PM
Mike

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

Clearly this is too much for them.

Does anyone know if this a situation where my Credit Card company can deal
with it for me? I just want a working shuttle, as quickly as possible.
Being without a machine for a month is taking the mick

I would have returned for refund and ordered elsewhere. You'd have a working
shuttle now.
Replacements seem too difficult for most vendors

Old January 6th 05, 06:11 PM
Mike

"Dave" wrote in message

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message

Bloody hell m8. People cant afford to be without kit for a month!!
He has waited more than long enough.

He could quite easily order elsewhere and request a refund. More than a
month to wait without a computer is considered unreasonable by anyones
standards.

Old January 6th 05, 08:52 PM
Michael Rodgers

"Dave" wrote in message
Clearly this is too much for them.

Clearly you failed to realise xmas is a busy time and clearly as it hasnt
even been 4 weeks are a bit impatient,

I'm impatient not wanting to wait 4 weeks for a replacement for an item
which has been faulty since arrival?

As a contrast, I've just had to experience Ebuyer's RMA proceedure. I
requested an RMA from them on Monday, posted it on Tuesday and have today
received an e-note informing me the product has been tested, found faulty,
and a new one is on its way.

This is Ebuyer - a much bigger, more busy company than Aria...

Old January 6th 05, 09:18 PM
Lordy

"Mike" wrote in
:

I would have returned for refund and ordered elsewhere. You'd have a
working shuttle now.
Replacements seem too difficult for most vendors

As a rule I never do replacements when a refund as available.
Its likely replacement comes from the same stock as to original.
Its likely better offers are available by the time the replacement is
issued.
Any deadlines would be completely fubared by this time.

Take the money and start again!

I'm waiting for an RMA on a monitor with a few stuck pixels.
In the meantime I've noticed that Digimate have changed their default
response time to 14ms (from 16) Not sure why though...
--
Lordy
Old January 6th 05, 09:37 PM
jim.

"Dave" wrote in message
Clearly this is too much for them.

Clearly you failed to realise xmas is a busy time and clearly as it

hasnt
even been 4 weeks are a bit impatient,

I'm impatient not wanting to wait 4 weeks for a replacement for an item
which has been faulty since arrival?

Obviously perceptions differ on this one, some seem to expect goods to work
on arrival or be replaced in a reasonable time.
Others it would appear seem to think xmas or presumably wimbledon is an
excelent reason for people to take months over fullfiling their duties as a
supplier.
I personaly see it as a learning exerience, one doesn't put one's bum in a
bacon slicer twice.
Oh I'm still awaiting replacement of the faulty DVD player ordered on the
1st of DEC if no-one had guessed,
but frankly have now given up expecting anything reasonable as an outcome.
I'd also suggest use of the killfile as previously advocated Micheal

Old January 6th 05, 11:45 PM
Dave

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..

"Dave" wrote in message

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message

Bloody hell m8. People cant afford to be without kit for a month!!
He has waited more than long enough.

He could quite easily order elsewhere and request a refund. More than

month to wait without a computer is considered unreasonable by anyones
standards.

I guess its just a matter of opinion, but im sorry to say many online
retailers would take just as long or even longer dealing with a return, its
frustrating but IMO if time spent without your PC is that important then
the highstreet although more expensive is probably the best place for you
to shop.