Thinking of buying from overclockers? You may want to think again...

Old September 1st 04, 03:52 PM
J S

"J S" wrote in message
Take a look at their forums. Search for posts from the owner of OC UK. If
you have ever ordered from them and are black, jewish or homosexual, or in
any way disapprove of hitlers policies or those of white supremacy groups,
you may possibly feel a little bit sick to the stomach for having funded
this company. I know I do. There are links direct to racist flash videos
on a neo-nazi white supremacy website used by the owner in his own threads
to support his views... a site which states:

"There is no national dignity without the people believing in their race
and nation above all else. No compromise over homosexuality. It should be
made illegal again and stiff penalties imposed on the "pink Mafia" now
infiltrating Society at all levels. Total opposition to Zionism and Israel
and all their supporters. "

I find this truly disgusting having ordered from them in the past, and
being opposed to neo-nazism in all forms, and feel terrible for having
parted with my cash to what is ostensibly a company with disgraceful
views. Anybody else have views on this?

Heres a link
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...eadid=17281051

have a search around, you will soon build up a profile of this outfit.

Old September 1st 04, 03:58 PM
Andy F Batter

J S wrote:
Take a look at their forums. Search for posts from the owner of OC
UK. If you have ever ordered from them and are black, jewish or
homosexual

Can't you post a better link to what's offended you? I've taken a look, but
can't search because I'm not registered. I found a fascination discussion
about terrorists' potential plans in the general chat thread, but nothing to
support your statements.

Andy

Old September 1st 04, 03:59 PM

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:23:43 +0100, "J S" wrote:

[...]

Forget the racial crap for a moment and just take a look at the number
of dissatisfied customers!

My mate used to work there in the returns department - apparently they
have to have separate storage facilities for all the returns they get!

They also employ someone to repack all the returns and these are then
sold as now. Note that they are not etsted, just resold!

Old September 1st 04, 04:00 PM
J S

"Parish" wrote in message
martinalderson [at] gmail [dot] com wrote:
J S wrote:
"nokky" wrote in message
. ..

Guy Fawkes wrote:

like, who gives a **** what the owner believes in if the business he
runs is
fair.

not me.

I do.

F U reset.

At last, nokky, someone with some sense and some dignity.
So guy fawkes, what if you were Jewish? Would you care then?
What about homosexual? You happy to give your money to someone who
sympathises with those who believe you should be imprisoned/executed?
You should be ashamed of yourself. If you truly dont care about this,
you are a selfish, lazy, daft idiot.

I agree 100%. Going to get the word out about this.

I agree too, but I also believe in the inalienable right to free speech
and free speech will always result in extreme views/opinions being
expressed and equally extreme responses however, IMHO, that is no reason
to ban/curtail it and the 'net is the last bastion of free speech left in
an ever more politically correct world.

Having said that, if the owner of OC is publicly airing such views then
(s)he is a prize plonker as it will do more harm than good to their
business - as this thread shows.

Parish

I too am not against free speech, but myself would never want to support
these scumbags financially.
This is merely public information of the type I would have liked before
spending any money with them.

Old September 1st 04, 04:15 PM
Parish

J S wrote:

"Parish" wrote in message

I agree too, but I also believe in the inalienable right to free speech
and free speech will always result in extreme views/opinions being
expressed and equally extreme responses however, IMHO, that is no reason
to ban/curtail it and the 'net is the last bastion of free speech left in
an ever more politically correct world.

Having said that, if the owner of OC is publicly airing such views then
(s)he is a prize plonker as it will do more harm than good to their
business - as this thread shows.

Parish

I too am not against free speech, but myself would never want to support
these scumbags financially.

Quite right, and that is the right response, IMHO. There are quite a few
insurance/investment companies around who take a similar view by
promising not to invest your money in anything "unethical" - although of
course their definition of unethical might not conform to yours ;-)

This is merely public information of the type I would have liked before
spending any money with them.

But at least you have brought it to the attention of others so that they
can make their own decisions based on their own beliefs.

Parish
Old September 1st 04, 04:18 PM
deejay

"J S" wrote in message

"Parish" wrote in message
martinalderson [at] gmail [dot] com wrote:
J S wrote:
"nokky" wrote in message
. ..

Guy Fawkes wrote:

[...]

I agree with free speech, whether I like it or not, I think the best way to
defeat attitudes like this is to debate it and show how stupid it is and
disprove everything they say. I also believe that people should be made
aware of attitudes like this so as to have the right not to shop there,
whether they are cheap or not (which they aren't) is not the right attitude
to have, which is why I boycott McDonalds, Coca Cola-Schweppes, Marks And
Spencers, Gap, Nike, Seimens (used slave labour from Jews in 2nd World War)
etc etc etc. It's a question of personal choice, my personal choice is never
to shop there ever again and as long as this information is used to point
out the owners attitudes then this is a good thing, it gives others the
choice to shop there.
However, if we all stuck together on issues like this, there would be far
less ****y companies ruining the world

Free speech by all means, free choice too....

Old September 1st 04, 04:30 PM
steeler

"J S" wrote in message

"steeler" wrote in message

"J S" wrote in message
Take a look at their forums. Search for posts from the owner of OC UK.

If
you have ever ordered from them and are black, jewish or homosexual, or
in
any way disapprove of hitlers policies or those of white supremacy
groups,

I would buy from the Ku Klux Klan if they were cheaper than anyone else.
am a colour-blind bargain hunter.

how very bright of you. this isnt just about colour you complete tit.

Okay thanks. Calling me a tit has won me over to your cause.

Old September 1st 04, 04:37 PM
Parish

deejay wrote:

I agree with free speech, whether I like it or not, I think the best way to
defeat attitudes like this is to debate it and show how stupid it is and
disprove everything they say.

Precisely, which is why I think that the censoring of the BNP's election
broadcast by C5 was wrong. No matter how abhorrent people find the BNP's
(alleged) agenda, censoring it is not the answer; people voting against
it is. Democracy is a form of free speech, and free choice, and should
not be interfered with.

I also believe that people should be made
aware of attitudes like this so as to have the right not to shop there,
whether they are cheap or not (which they aren't) is not the right attitude
to have, which is why I boycott McDonalds, Coca Cola-Schweppes, Marks And
Spencers, Gap, Nike,

I guess that's for exploiting cheap labour in the Third World, yes?

Free speech by all means, free choice too....

Yep.

Parish
Old September 1st 04, 04:41 PM
Zebedee

"steeler" wrote in message

"J S" wrote in message

"steeler" wrote in message

"J S" wrote in message
Take a look at their forums. Search for posts from the owner of OC UK.

If
you have ever ordered from them and are black, jewish or homosexual,
or
in
any way disapprove of hitlers policies or those of white supremacy
groups,

I would buy from the Ku Klux Klan if they were cheaper than anyone
else.
am a colour-blind bargain hunter.

how very bright of you. this isnt just about colour you complete tit.

Okay thanks. Calling me a tit has won me over to your cause.

Lol. The first post really lost my interest where he was harping on about
whoever it was.

--
Yours

Zebedee