Toshiba wont 'scan to file' after Win10 upgrade.

Old January 11th 16, 04:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Peter Jason

Default Toshiba wont 'scan to file' after Win10 upgrade.

Help, Peter
Old January 12th 16, 12:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

On 1/11/2016 5:21 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:42:27 +1100, Peter Jason wrote:

Help, Peter

What Toshiba ??

From what scanner?
Old January 12th 16, 02:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
micky

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 18:30:49 -0500, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 1/11/2016 5:21 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:42:27 +1100, Peter Jason wrote:

Help, Peter

What Toshiba ??

From what scanner?

What file?

(Yeah, I know that doesn't matter, but I wanted to join in.)
Old January 13th 16, 04:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Peter Jason

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:42:27 +1100, Peter Jason wrote:

Help, Peter

Thanx to all. The Printer/scanner is a
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO2309A
a multifunctional monochrome Fax/Scanner/Printer connected to the
Win10pro computer with a Cat5 IP cable.

The printer worked OK, and the scanner worked OK too, but only on Win7
ult.

I hustled a fix from Toshiba because it's still under warranty and all
that was required was the insertion of the User name & password used
for Win10pro into the scan setup fields in the TopAccess. These
passwords were not required for Win7, and the screen the specifically
noted that the user/password could be left blank if desired.

The local agents were no help and were under the impression that a
"Windows10 patch" was required.

I have survived to tell thee!

Old January 13th 16, 10:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Peter Jason"

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:42:27 +1100, Peter Jason wrote:

Help, Peter

Thanx to all. The Printer/scanner is a
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO2309A
a multifunctional monochrome Fax/Scanner/Printer connected to the
Win10pro computer with a Cat5 IP cable.

The printer worked OK, and the scanner worked OK too, but only on Win7
ult.

I hustled a fix from Toshiba because it's still under warranty and all
that was required was the insertion of the User name & password used
for Win10pro into the scan setup fields in the TopAccess. These
passwords were not required for Win7, and the screen the specifically
noted that the user/password could be left blank if desired.

The local agents were no help and were under the impression that a
"Windows10 patch" was required.

I have survived to tell thee!

Uninstall all the software associated with the Toshiba All-in-One ( AIO ).

Download the lastest software for the Toshiba AIO
http://business.toshiba.com/usa/supp...ELCTD&site=usa

Reinstall the software making sure you you do it either by the Web Services
and Devices ( WSD ) protocol or by using the direct IP Address of the
Toshiba AIO.

Note that this Toshiba AIO is not a retail product. It is designed for the
corporate environment which begs the questioon if there is an IT Support
group associated with the business this AIO is installed in ?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old January 14th 16, 02:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Peter Jason

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:37:57 -0500, "David H. Lipman"

From: "Peter Jason"

[...]

Thanks, but it's working now. I've downloaded the
Full client Installer 04/05/14 2.01
for future reference.
Old January 14th 16, 03:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Peter Jason"

Uninstall all the software associated with the Toshiba All-in-One (
AIO ).

Download the lastest software for the Toshiba AIO
http://business.toshiba.com/usa/supp...ELCTD&site=usa

Reinstall the software making sure you you do it either by the Web
Services
and Devices ( WSD ) protocol or by using the direct IP Address of the
Toshiba AIO.

Note that this Toshiba AIO is not a retail product. It is designed for
the
corporate environment which begs the questioon if there is an IT Support
group associated with the business this AIO is installed in ?

Thanks, but it's working now. I've downloaded the
Full client Installer 04/05/14 2.01
for future reference.

Thanx for the update.

Old January 15th 16, 12:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Peter Jason

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 21:13:15 -0500, "David H. Lipman"

From: "Peter Jason"

Uninstall all the software associated with the Toshiba All-in-One (
AIO ).

Download the lastest software for the Toshiba AIO
http://business.toshiba.com/usa/supp...ELCTD&site=usa

Reinstall the software making sure you you do it either by the Web
Services
and Devices ( WSD ) protocol or by using the direct IP Address of the
Toshiba AIO.

Note that this Toshiba AIO is not a retail product. It is designed for
the
corporate environment which begs the questioon if there is an IT Support
group associated with the business this AIO is installed in ?

Thanks, but it's working now. I've downloaded the
Full client Installer 04/05/14 2.01
for future reference.

Thanx for the update.

I've had problems with another network printer, FUJI XEROX DocuPrint
CP405 d, that I use for printing color labels.

Somehow the settings were scrambled by the Toshiba tech when he fixed
that scanner settings.

I set all the FujiXerox printer settings back to default (at the
printer) while leaving the network cable connected, then I deleted
the printer itself from the computer. However Win10 then proceeded
to reconnect it automatically via a "WSD" port and this seems
different to the usual IP addresses usually applied (which was
10.1.1.3) of old. However it works.
Why? Can I override the WSD and go back to the IP 10.1.1.3? And if so
do I need some adjustment to the printer settings?

Where can I backup the printer settings in future to a file.
Old January 15th 16, 03:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Peter Jason"

From: "Peter Jason"

[...]

You should be able to overide it by using the direct TCP/IP address as the
port. There should be no settings or tweaking involved.

http://onlinesupport.fujixerox.com/s...rce=fxpc&cid=2

Old January 15th 16, 12:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Hi,

did Win 10 try to take it's configuration from win 7 or did you format
the whole drive?
In the first case I'd try to uninstall the Toshiba driver completely,
run a registry cleaner until ist stops finding errors and then reinstall
the driver.
In the second case, I'd check if the network setup is properly configured.

Stupid, but sometimes it works: Shut computer and printer down,
unplug and replug every cable.

ttyl

Peter Jason wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:42:27 +1100, Peter Jason wrote:

Help, Peter

Thanx to all. The Printer/scanner is a
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO2309A
a multifunctional monochrome Fax/Scanner/Printer connected to the
Win10pro computer with a Cat5 IP cable.

The printer worked OK, and the scanner worked OK too, but only on Win7
ult.

I hustled a fix from Toshiba because it's still under warranty and all
that was required was the insertion of the User name & password used
for Win10pro into the scan setup fields in the TopAccess. These
passwords were not required for Win7, and the screen the specifically
noted that the user/password could be left blank if desired.

The local agents were no help and were under the impression that a
"Windows10 patch" was required.

I have survived to tell thee!

Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094 wont boot ~bogus name Homebuilt PC's 10 July 1st 09 03:45 AM
toshiba laptop wont' boot ~AlicGinnis~ Homebuilt PC's 6 August 13th 08 07:27 PM
scan, file size yas Scanners 5 October 27th 06 03:36 PM
scan.hta file/dvd errors? Leanin' Cedar Dell Computers 4 July 28th 05 02:12 AM
HP OfficeJet G55 and Scan To File daamo Printers 1 August 7th 04 06:15 PM