Nero 6 + HP + NEC DVD+RW Drive

Old August 26th 03, 04:24 AM
David Carmichael

Default Nero 6 + HP + NEC DVD+RW Drive

First let me say that I have been using Nero V5.x with out any
troubles on my system..

But wanting to try out Nero 6.x.. I installed the Demo version of
the software...

Then all sorts of troubles starting happening...

[1] Nero 6.x kept telling me that some other software was trying
to access my NEC ND1100A DVD+RW drive... but would not tell me
what software was using the drive

[2] Not being able to directly copy files from with in Windows
Explorer to a CD-RW or DVD+RW disc quit working.

So I uninstalled Nero 6.x.... ...and reinstalled Nero 5.x
Now I have the following troubles....

[1] Not being able to directly copy files from with in Windows
Explorer to a CD-RW or DVD+RW disc quit working.

[2] Windows Movie Maker does not see the DVD+RW drive as a
recordable drive.... even if I have a CD-RW disc in the drive it
gives me a message stating that no disc is in the drive....?!?

I have tried the registry edits as listed online at the Microsoft
web site with no luck getting these fixed.....

(I had lost the "recording properties tab" after uninstalling
Nero 6.x and was able to get it back with one of the registry
edits.)

Anybody in the real world know how to fix these errors in
WindowsXP Home???
And be able to get Nero 6 to work correctly??

--David

Old August 26th 03, 12:59 PM
leo

David Carmichael wrote:
[...]

Do you have InCD? To get Nero working, simply start Nero first, before
inserting the DVD+RW disc. Not sure how to make InCD compatible with
Windows' drag and burn though.