ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives

Old February 17th 05, 11:23 PM
Linoge

Not at all-I simply posted this at comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage as
well because it's relevant and applicable. As I stated in this thread,
anyone who has any doubts email me at alinogeAThotmailDOTcom and I;d be
glad to send you the "damaged drive" pictures ZipZoomFly sent me.

Old February 18th 05, 03:19 AM
Albert Silverman

jimbo wrote:
Why don't I believe you????? Pure bull----!!!!! Another attempt to
disparage a fine company.

I have no connection to ZipZoomFly except as a very satisfied

customer.
I have seen similar attempts to disparage other companies. I suspect
some competitor thinks this is a way to gain an edge on a company

that
they are not able to compete with otherwise. A very despicable
practice.

jimbo

Jimbo,

Let's say that those of us stating these problems are telling the
truth. How would we convince you?
Your sophomoric belief in online ratings as a validator is sad, but you
are free to play the happy fool until someone makes you regret it.

In the meantime, ZipZoomFly hasn't yet even refunded me for the drive I
returned that wasn't dented. I'm sure that ZZF is making quite a name
for itself with the credit card companies.

Old February 18th 05, 04:12 AM
Linoge

I offered to email the pictures showing the "damaged drives" to anyone
who asked and haven;t received any requests (my address:
alinogeAThotmailDOTcom).

If you saw this "damage" you;d realize that someone would have to get
medieval with these drives to cause this kind of damage, according to
the pictures (with no serial numbers, mind you). One of them looks like
it was poked in two places by huge nails and the other is missing a
chunk of metal!!!

I also just received this from "Andy Huynh" at ZipZoomFly returns dept,
confirmign there was no damage to the box so he is effectively callimg
me a liar and suggesting we shipped him damaged drives. What a scam!!!!
I wish I was a fly on the wall to witness them trying to convince the
CC company

Old February 18th 05, 04:15 AM
Linoge

I offered to email the pictures showing the "damaged drives" to anyone
who asked and haven;t received any requests (my address:
alinogeAThotmailDOTcom).

If you saw this "damage" you;d realize that someone would have to get
medieval with these drives to cause this kind of damage, according to
the pictures (with no serial numbers, mind you). One of them looks like

it was poked in two places by huge nails and the other is missing a
chunk of metal!!!

I also just received a reply from "Andy Huynh" at ZipZoomFly returns
dept,
confirming there was no damage to the box so he is effectively calling

Old February 18th 05, 05:14 AM
John Doe

"Albert Silverman" wrote:

Let's say that those of us stating these problems are telling the
truth.

Linoge wrote:
"Look, I've been buying from ZipZoomFly for 3 years and I am willing
to go on record saying that I have never have a single problem with
them-on the contrary, best bang for the buck and free 2nd day
shipping (effectively 3-day counting the extra day they take to
process)... until this incident!"

According to Linoge, that includes over $100,000 worth of
trouble-free orders shipped 2nd Day air in the last year.

How would we convince you?

What would convince me is a Usenet ID system. I really don't care
what you are like in personal life (I don't want to know), but I
would like to know what you are like on Usenet. The ID would not
have to be traceable to you, just your complete posting history.
That way I could tell if you run around bashing some company's
competitors.

Your sophomoric belief in online ratings as a validator is sad,

Try claiming to have had good experiences with BUY.COM.

--
Writing the first dynamically timed systemwide macro recorder for
Windows XP. Please see (comp.windows.open-look). Coding help is
Old February 18th 05, 05:44 AM
David Maynard

Linoge wrote:
[...]

I just bought a 128 meg flash card from them and everything went perfectly
fine, including the rebate.

Old February 18th 05, 02:23 PM
jimbo

OK, I get it now Albert. I should ignore the opinions of 8,347
satisfied customers and my own personal experience and believe a UseNet
troll. Yes, that is a very mature and intelligent approach.

jimbo

Old February 18th 05, 05:02 PM
Linoge

No, you shouldn't ignore the positive experiences of other people. I am
sure ZipZoomFly moves a lot of product due to their cheap prices and
most of these products are in good/new condition. The problem with this
company starts when something goes wrong with the order.

First, they only have one telephone number (510) 739-1890 (no toll-free
number available). The average hold time to get through, if you don't
end up to an answering machine (never a callback so don't bother
leaving a message), is 20-30 minutes.

The sole "returns dept" person "Andy Hyunh" barely (and I mean barely)
speaks English and his emails are simply templates that he recycles.

The customer service lady(ies?) is(are?) extremely rude and likely to
quickly declare how "she's not going to spend all day on the phone" and
either hang up or transfer you to a "supervisor" (aka answering
machine).

Now Jimbo, by your own admission you never had a problem with
ZipZoomFly so you probably never had to call in, therefore you
wouldn't know what I am talking about. Good for you-I went 3 years
without a problem ordering from them. However, problems *will* happen
(as they do with *every* company) thus the concept of "customer
service". Not only ZipZoomFly doesn't offer any customer service, the
people there almost go out of their way to antagonize you when you talk
to them about a problem stating that "it wasn't their fault" before
they even hear you out (that is IF you ever get through).

I have no use for newsgroup battles or debates-I am simply posting this
as caveat emptor. Ordering from ZipZoomFly has become a
rolling-the-dice exercise. You can get pretty good prices and decent
fast delivery but pray the item is not DOA otherwise hope you have a
solid credit card company to get you your money back.

Old February 18th 05, 08:45 PM
Linoge

[...]

fast delivery but prey the item is not DOA otherwise hope you have a
solid credit card company to get you your money back.

Old February 19th 05, 12:05 AM
Larc

On 18 Feb 2005 06:23:57 -0800, "jimbo" wrote:

| OK, I get it now Albert. I should ignore the opinions of 8,347
| satisfied customers and my own personal experience and believe a UseNet
| troll. Yes, that is a very mature and intelligent approach.

I've never had any bad experiences with ZipZoomFly either, but I've
never had to return anything to them. Even with a high number of
satisfied customers including me, however, I'm not quite naive enough
to claim that ZZF is incapable of doing something wrong.

Larc