Can't get my new computer to Boot up

Old July 21st 06, 10:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BH2

Default Can't get my new computer to Boot up

Hi Guys,
I have checked all my setting and still cannot get it boot directly from the
IDE HDD which is the Ch 0 master. I can get it to boot from the HDD in a
round about way, what happens is this: I switch my computer on it does the
POST check no errors, lists the IDE Devices, the IDE HDD and the 2 Sata
HDD's the DVDRam and CD R/RW then it proceeds to the Boot from CD text and
stays there for four minutes repeats Boot from CD and stays there. But if I
put the windows Xp Setup Disc in when it get to the part Boot from CD it
waits a minute the starts to access the Window Xp disc, as soon as it does
this I eject the disc, the screen goes blank and then it boots up window Xp
ok and I can see all the drives, I formatted the sata drives and I can
access the internet etc.
Any ideas on how to correct the problem The Bios order is HDD, HDD then
DVDRAM Drive, then CD R/RW Drive.... this is driving me nuts.

Your help appreciated
Regards and Thanks
Bob

Old July 21st 06, 01:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike T.

"BH2" (NO wrote in message
[...]

Wierd. If I were you, I'd try an experiment, just to see what happens. Set
the boot order to HDD, NONE, NONE, NONE, and report back to us on what
happens. At worst, nothing will happen, and then you can set it back the
way it was or try a different setting. -Dave

Old July 21st 06, 11:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael Hawes

"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...

"BH2" (NO wrote in message
[...]

If you go to Disk management. does it report the boot
drive as Healthy (System)? If you look at root of boot drive can you see
ntdetect.com and ntldr? (set to display hidden and system files)
Mike.

Old July 22nd 06, 10:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Htnakirs

Try this:
Boot with CD. Use recovery console. Type in fixmbr.