HL2 Release date... when do we get our CD's?

Old October 27th 04, 11:56 PM
Noozer

Default HL2 Release date... when do we get our CD's?

Anyone know...

I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

Old October 28th 04, 05:25 AM
Brad

Video game store looked at their info and told me Nov.15th

Old October 28th 04, 08:01 AM
Lee

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:12:40 +0100, "Jamie_Manic" mmmm...pork rind wrote:

:
:"Noozer" wrote in message
:news:hIVfd.46104$Pl.10279@pd7tw1no...
: Anyone know...
:
: I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
: Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?
:
:
:
:Isn't it something ludicrous like 4-6 weeks?
:

Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been told
its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.
-----
Lee.
Old October 28th 04, 07:24 PM
Tim

"Noozer" wrote in message
Anyone know...

I've got my ATI certificate for HL2 and declined the offer to download via
Steam. Any idea when the CD's will be arriving?

I believe the coupon reads: "Game will be shipped no later than ten years
after the earth crashes into the sun."

Old October 28th 04, 11:01 PM
mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:

| Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been told
| its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.

Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before, and
it's on shelves in the morning.

Old October 29th 04, 12:38 PM
Chip

"mhicaoidh" wrote in message
Taking a moment's reflection, Lee mused:

| Its like about a month so gonna be mid November to end November been
told
| its gone gold so its gotta be antime then.

Official release date is November 16. Stores get it the day before,
and
it's on shelves in the morning.

Does that mean the Steam versions get unlocked morning of the 16th? What
time zone, do you know? He says keenly, baring in mind I live in GMT land,
5 to 8 hours ahead of the US ;-)

Old October 29th 04, 06:49 PM
Warty

Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
evening which is 11am there time.
If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm. If
they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at 8am.
Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in time, they
just have the rest of the day to play it.

Its only a time zone.

Warty

Old October 30th 04, 10:30 AM
Chip

"Warty" wrote in message
Look what happened to CS:S, we did not get to download it until 7pm that
evening which is 11am there time.
If they release it at 12 noon we will get it at approximately 7pm - 8pm.
If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it at
8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.

Its only a time zone.

Well yes... and no.

Since GMT is the standard reference by which time is measured, you might
have hoped they'd release it at 00.00.01 GMT. Which would be bad for us
actually.

If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they are)
then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

Still, a few hours here or there is not very important I suppose.

Chip

Old October 30th 04, 10:32 AM
Warty

Chip, you just repeated what I had said!!! LOL

Warty

If they release it from 00:01 on the morning of the 16th then we get it
at 8am. Whichever way you look at it, we all get it at the same point in
time, they just have the rest of the day to play it.

Its only a time zone.

Well yes... and no.

If they release at 00.00.01 US time (are Valve west coast? I think they
are) then that would 8:00 am, which would be perfect for us. We'd have all
morning playing with the thing whilst the yanks were asleep.

Do you honestly think they will be sleeping???

Old October 30th 04, 05:19 PM
Brett Tyre

I was told 4 - 6 weeks for the Valve Premier pack which promptly arrived 2 -
4 DAYS after I placed the order.
--
Brett Tyre
Kirkland House Foundation