Need driver

Old December 3rd 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares[_2_]

Default Need driver

Hi!

Need lan driver windows xp sp3, for a laptop toshiba satellite m100-157.
I have tried the various drivers in toshiba web site, but no one works.

Thansk.

Old December 3rd 08, 10:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Need lan driver windows xp sp3, for a laptop toshiba satellite m100-157.
I have tried the various drivers in toshiba web site, but no one works.

Thansk.

Did you try this one?

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...77462%7CPSMA0U

They list nothing newer

Old December 3rd 08, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

philo wrote:
Need lan driver windows xp sp3, for a laptop toshiba satellite m100-157.
I have tried the various drivers in toshiba web site, but no one works.

Thansk.

Did you try this one?

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...&moid=1277462&
rpn=PSMA0U&modelFilter=M100&selCategory=3&selFamil y=1073768663&selModel=1277462%7CPSMA0U

They list nothing newer

The two drivers I could see there, appear to be Intel. So
another place to look for drivers would be -

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Intel has their version, of providing assistance in
identifying what LAN chip is involved.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ident_prd.aspx

Instead, I'd take Everest, go to Devices:PCI and get the info
there. You install and run this on the laptop, to get some
information.

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

For example, if I go to Devices:PCI for my current
computer, then take the entry that corresponds to
my network chip, the value for Device ID is "1106-3065".

Next, I get a copy of pci.ids . This is a text file and
can be saved and opened later with Wordpad.

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/pci.ids

If I scroll down in the list, I find these two lines
in close proximity.

1106 VIA Technologies, Inc.
3065 VT6102 [Rhine-II]

So I know my chip is a Rhine-II.

You'd do a similar thing for the Intel chip. Use
Everest, to either get the name directly from the
built-in enumeration, or use the Device ID, to find
the identity in pci.ids.

Then, it is back to the Intel downloadcenter site,
A look in Ethernet Components:Ethernet Controllers,
might find a match for the required driver.

HTH,
Paul

Old December 4th 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken Maltby

"Paul" wrote in message ...
philo wrote:
[...]

Bravo, teach a poster to fish and he will have the answers for
the rest of his life. ( Now let's see if there are expressions of
gratitude or resentment.)

Luck,
Ken

Old December 4th 08, 11:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares[_2_]

Thanks all, i solved my problem.

"Ken Maltby" escreveu na mensagem