Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Old May 4th 08, 12:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bluegoose

Default Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
The laptop is still under Dell warranty.
Does this mean the battery is too?

Pacific Battery has "Dell" Brand battery for ~$160. (TD347)
The "Compatible" equivalent is ~$100. (TD347-AM) I assume it designates
after market.

Any major difference between the two? (aside from the obvious $60
difference)

Yes, I plan on steering clear of the eBay "deals".

Bernie

Old May 4th 08, 01:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bluegoose

"Bluegoose" wrote in message
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
The laptop is still under Dell warranty.
Does this mean the battery is too?

Pacific Battery has "Dell" Brand battery for ~$160. (TD347)
The "Compatible" equivalent is ~$100. (TD347-AM) I assume it designates
after market.

Any major difference between the two? (aside from the obvious $60
difference)

Yes, I plan on steering clear of the eBay "deals".

Bernie

Sorry, I should have mentioned the battery is not charging, and I have tried
two different charging units.

Old May 4th 08, 01:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dan Sgambelluri

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
The laptop is still under Dell warranty.
Does this mean the battery is too?

Pacific Battery has "Dell" Brand battery for ~$160. (TD347)
The "Compatible" equivalent is ~$100. (TD347-AM) I assume it designates
after market.

Any major difference between the two? (aside from the obvious $60
difference)

Yes, I plan on steering clear of the eBay "deals".

Bernie

First contact Dell either through chat, email or phone to see if battery
is covered or not.

If it is not covered, you can find them even cheaper on Ebay.

Old May 4th 08, 01:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Posted At: Saturday, May 03, 2008 7:46 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?
Subject: Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
The laptop is still under Dell warranty.
Does this mean the battery is too?

Pacific Battery has "Dell" Brand battery for ~$160. (TD347)
The "Compatible" equivalent is ~$100. (TD347-AM) I assume it

designates
after market.

Any major difference between the two? (aside from the obvious $60
difference)

Yes, I plan on steering clear of the eBay "deals".

Bernie

First contact Dell either through chat, email or phone to see if
battery
is covered or not.

If it is not covered, you can find them even cheaper on Ebay.

As I recall, the battery warranty is one year, regardless of the system
warranty, but that could have changed.

Personally, I'd never buy a battery on eBay.

My purchases have been the Dell OEM through Pacific Battery and have
been flawless.

Old May 4th 08, 02:21 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey[_2_]

On Sun, 04 May 2008 00:58:39 GMT, "Tom Scales"

Posted At: Saturday, May 03, 2008 7:46 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
[...]

I also would never buy a battery on eBay. I'd either buy directly
from Dell or from Pacific Battery, the latter because many people here
have had good experiences from that company.
Old May 4th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dan Sgambelluri

Posted At: Saturday, May 03, 2008 7:46 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
[...]

Pacific Battery doesn't allow orders to Canada though and even though I
only bought 3 batteries (2 Laptop and 1 Ipod), I had no problems with
buying off ebay.
Old May 4th 08, 05:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

Posted At: Saturday, May 03, 2008 7:46 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
[...]

I agree with Tom. I have and will again soon buy from Pacific
Battery for a dell laptop. I'd be hesitant to buy from Ebay because I
seem to recall people getting the wrong battery (for whatever reason).
Old May 4th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

Posted At: Saturday, May 03, 2008 7:46 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Laptop Battery: Dell Brand or "Compatible"?

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
[...]

Well after agreeing with Tom, all I can say is good luck.
Old May 4th 08, 12:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Hank Arnold (MVP)

Bluegoose wrote:
Subject Battery for Dell E1505, 9 cell version approx 14 months old.
The laptop is still under Dell warranty.
Does this mean the battery is too?

Pacific Battery has "Dell" Brand battery for ~$160. (TD347)
The "Compatible" equivalent is ~$100. (TD347-AM) I assume it designates
after market.

Any major difference between the two? (aside from the obvious $60
difference)

Yes, I plan on steering clear of the eBay "deals".

Bernie

If the laptop is under warrantee, the battery is, also. Contact Dell
support and describe the problem. They will ship a new one.

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Old May 4th 08, 02:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales