Most quiet Power Supply Unit (PSU)? Can I just replace the fanin my PSU?

Old June 23rd 03, 09:51 AM
spodosaurus

Default Most quiet Power Supply Unit (PSU)? Can I just replace the fanin my PSU?

well known jockey Keiron Fallon wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:06:08 GMT, "John123" wrote:

The panaflo 80mm fan there is more expensive, pumps less air, and has
the same noise rating as a Vantec Stealth fan. Why choose the Panaflo?

In answer to the OP the fan I found too loud was the origimal that
came with the PSU in an inexpensive case (Jeantech from PC World). I
bought the Panaflo fan because it spotted it on eBay and it said it
was quiet and would do in a PSU. I did no more research than that.
Until this evening I don't think Id heard of a Vantec Stealth. Cool
name, though. Is it all black, angular and invisible to enemy radar?

I'll post a link to pics of my 'stealth case' when I finish it next
weekend :-)

--

According to the web site http://www.casecooler.com/vanstealquie.html the
Panaflo fans should be more silent than the Vantec Stealth fans (see the

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right with hotmail when replying