Quick question.. can a 333fsb CPU work on 266 mobo?

Old June 23rd 03, 01:17 AM
The Slayer of NaySayers!

Default Quick question.. can a 333fsb CPU work on 266 mobo?

Hello, I have a gygabyte 7dxr mobo which is a 266 fsb. The highest it will
accept a CPU is a Athlon XP 2600 CPU, but finding one that is 266 fsb is a
bitch. I can only find 333fsb cpus at that speed. Thus the question....

Thanks!

---

Old June 23rd 03, 03:10 AM
BUFF

"The Slayer of NaySayers!" wrote in
message ble.rogers.com...
Hello, I have a gygabyte 7dxr mobo which is a 266 fsb. The highest it will
accept a CPU is a Athlon XP 2600 CPU, but finding one that is 266 fsb is a
bitch. I can only find 333fsb cpus at that speed. Thus the question....

266FSB XP2600'sare virtually impossible to find as they were quite quickly
replaced by the 333FSB ones.

Yes, it will work at 266FSB but not as an XP2600+ - it will run at 1.66Ghz
instead of 2.08.
Better to get an XP2400+ & increase the multiplier (assuming your board lets
you).
The XP2400+ has quite a bit in hand - mine is running at 2.3 Ghz without any
fancy cooling on an ASUS A7V266-E .

quick mobo mounting question Spock AMD x86-64 Processors 5 August 27th 04 09:41 PM
Quick question Rednaxela Overclocking 0 February 9th 04 04:12 PM
Quick nForce/GeForce question. ~misfit~ General 4 October 30th 03 12:50 PM
quick pin mod question Wes Newell Overclocking AMD Processors 0 August 23rd 03 02:28 PM
Quick question. Wes Newell Overclocking AMD Processors 0 June 25th 03 01:22 AM