Best hardware config

Old September 22nd 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Best hardware config

Hello -

I used to build PCs a lot a few years ago.. I then had a career change
(military), and am totally out of the loop when it comes to the latest
and greatest hardware. the PC I built in 2002 is met its match. I
want to build a new one, but I have no idea where to start. I'm not
looking for a super power PC. I do play games once in a while that
require some muscle. I would just like to see what people would
recommend. I have no brand preference and a pretty thin budget of
$1000, but I am only looking for the best combo of
motherboard/processor/RAM/hard drive/video card.

Thanks!

Old September 22nd 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike T.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello -

I used to build PCs a lot a few years ago.. I then had a career change
(military), and am totally out of the loop when it comes to the latest
and greatest hardware. the PC I built in 2002 is met its match. I
want to build a new one, but I have no idea where to start. I'm not
looking for a super power PC. I do play games once in a while that
require some muscle. I would just like to see what people would
recommend. I have no brand preference and a pretty thin budget of
$1000, but I am only looking for the best combo of
motherboard/processor/RAM/hard drive/video card.

Thanks!

In that case, you should be looking for an inexpensive (relatively speaking)
Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Match that up with a decent intel chipset
mainboard, 2 Gigs of RAM. Video card is a little tougher, let's see,
something like . . .

mwave bundle:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6400 2.13 GHZ EM64T 1066MHZ RETAIL BOXED BUNDLE W/
(*Free 512MB USB 2.0 Flash Drive w/Purchase, While Supplies Last! )
a.. FREE 512MB USB 2.0 FLASH DRIVE
a.. INTEL BOXDP965LTCK
a.. KINGSTON 1GB DDR2 533
a.. NO TESTING
a.. Sub Total $460.58

Plus newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144151 (more ram,
$116)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119047 (case, $45)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152055 (dvd
burner, $36)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144417 (hard
drive, $69)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817194002 (power
supply, $80)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102003 (sound
card, $28)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161019 (video
card, $128)

That's about a $1000 with shipping. -Dave

Old September 23rd 06, 05:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Victor

Mike T. wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Looks good; but you need a 256mb video card for high textures in almost
all newer games.

Old September 23rd 06, 05:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Victor

Victor wrote:
Mike T. wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

or if you prefer
ATI-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161026
Probably a good idea not to invest a lot of cash in a top of the line
card with Directx 10 cards on the horizon late this or early next year.

disabling hardware data prefetch Steve AMD x86-64 Processors 0 April 8th 06 09:19 PM
Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA? Dan_Musicant Storage (alternative) 79 February 28th 06 08:23 AM
Newbie Question re hardware vs software RAID Gilgamesh General 44 November 22nd 04 10:52 PM
IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
Config / Hardware Questions Chris Buckley Overclocking 0 August 10th 03 04:12 PM