Latitude C series: Is a battery a battery ?

Old September 16th 05, 05:24 PM
Fred Mau

Default Latitude C series: Is a battery a battery ?

I've got several C series latitudes, CPi, CPxJ, C640 , and several battery
packs and I no longer remember which properly went to which.

Does it really matter ? They're all Lithium Ion but different mAh ratings.

I've got:

(2) Dell P/N 075UYF "Dell Battery Module" 14.8V 3800mAh

(1) (No Part Number) "Dell Battery Module" 14.8V 4460 mAh

(2) Dell P/N 0003149C "Latitude CP Battery Module" 14.4V 3000 mAh

Okay, this last one is obviously for a CP not the C640, but which CP - the
CPi or CPx or neither ?

More importantly, can I have two different types of battery packs in a
laptop at the same time - for instance a 3800mAh and 4460 mAh together in
the C640 for extra staying power - or will this freak out the circuitry ?

- FM -

Old October 4th 05, 08:35 PM
JEFFTUSTIN

A battery is not a battery, but the batteries that you've listed are
all intercompatiable with the Latitude CPx series.
You have two batteries of different AmpHour rating in the computer
side-by-side, only one battery is in use at a time in the Latitude.
If you batteries are over 18 months old, its time to consider
replacing them. I've had good luck purchasing from
www.laptop-battery.org.

Battery life Sparky Spartacus Dell Computers 0 April 9th 05 06:02 PM
Latitude C640 battery light MidnightDad Dell Computers 1 March 29th 05 05:34 PM
Battery dead? Sheepeh Compaq Computers 0 June 11th 04 01:27 PM
Can the cmos battery in the dell latitude C600 series be easily replaced by the user? Bob Campbell Dell Computers 2 December 7th 03 02:47 PM
"No Battery Installed" Dell Latitude CPi D300 Craig Dieter Dell Computers 4 November 30th 03 04:02 AM