Front USB ports don't work (Chenming case)

Old June 30th 05, 10:08 PM
Hackworth

Default Front USB ports don't work (Chenming case)

Yeah, it's another typical case where the two front USB ports from the case
have a 2x5 block connecter rather than individual pins, and of course the
wiring for the connector does not match the pinout on my motherboard (an
Asus A8V Deluxe). I can easily rearrange the pins in the block to match the
motherboard pinout, but unfortunately the case didn't come with docs and I
can't find anything online. The wires are all goofy colors, too (yellow,
purple, etc., rather that the standard red, white, green and black), so I
can't even get any clues from the wire colors.

If you have a Chenming case and have figured out the front USB wiring, I'd
certainly like to hear from you. Presumably, the Firewire connector wiring
is also wrong, but I sure don't want to plug a Firewire device in to find
out. sigh

Old July 1st 05, 01:21 AM
BruceM

http://www.starmount.co.uk/s_usbpin.htm
Some good help here.

Old July 1st 05, 04:25 AM
Richard Kawamura

"Hackworth" wrote in message

[...]

Which case model please.

Richard

http://www.vfaq.com/Case/#USB

Old July 2nd 05, 10:26 PM
Hackworth

"Richard Kawamura" wrote in message

"Hackworth" wrote in message

[...]

Greetings, Richard. It's a Chenming CMUI-601AECB-U:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...atch&ATT=Cases

I tried googling like a ut but still haven't found any info that tells me
what each wire is for.

Old July 3rd 05, 03:21 AM
Hackworth

"Hackworth" wrote in message

[...]

I tried googling like a but but still haven't found any info that tells me
what each wire is for.

Old July 5th 05, 07:41 AM
Richard Kawamura

"Hackworth" wrote in message

[...]