dead tnt2U fan

Old January 3rd 04, 09:08 PM
Eric

Default dead tnt2U fan

hey folks,

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm wondering...

My fan kacked on me this morning and I'm just wonderin if it's ok to run
this thing until I get a new fan? If so is it ok to play counterstrike or
any other games?

please advise. cheers,

Eric

Old January 3rd 04, 09:54 PM

The fan is there for a reason so you should be able to find a replacement
fan at a local computer shop. I wouldn't run it without a fan. If you have a
standard floor fan for your house then open up the left cover of the case
and aim the fan there and let this cool down the card until you can get a
new fan.

regards

Old January 3rd 04, 11:23 PM
Lee

hi

personally if the heatsink is still there and your not overclocking the card
i wouldn't worry i think it will run fine, if you start to see artifacts in
graphics etc then you know its overheating and needs cooling, i mean for the
price of that card nowadays are really that bothered? You should easily
be able to pick up a 60mm fan from a local computer shop.

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:08:01 GMT, "Eric" wrote:

:hey folks,
:
:Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm wondering...
:
:My fan kacked on me this morning and I'm just wonderin if it's ok to run
:this thing until I get a new fan? If so is it ok to play counterstrike or
:any other games?
:
:please advise. cheers,
:
:Eric
:

-----
Lee.
Old January 3rd 04, 11:50 PM
Me

Lee wrote:

You should easily
be able to pick up a 60mm fan from a local computer shop.

True, but the thieves usually want more for the fan than the card is worth.

Old January 4th 04, 12:08 AM
Eric

good point.. I'll keep that in mind. The fans coming and going.. so it's
dying bad.. I blew out about a pound of dust that was sitting in the heat
sink and the fan, and it sounds like a dying cow/weedwacker.

Anyways, I'll hit up the comp shop and see what they have to say tomorrow.

thanks,

Eric

Old January 4th 04, 02:27 AM
Dark Avenger

"Eric" wrote in message news:RaGJb.931037$pl3.832267@pd7tw3no...
hey folks,

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm wondering...

My fan kacked on me this morning and I'm just wonderin if it's ok to run
this thing until I get a new fan? If so is it ok to play counterstrike or
any other games?

please advise. cheers,

Eric

On that card... some people cool it with North Bridge coolers... yes
the passive ones. It doesnt NEEDS the cooling of a fan! Aslong as the
airflow in your case is good!
Old January 4th 04, 03:29 AM
Steve

First try a non-conductive silicon lubricant. Always worked for me. Most
electronics stores have it. Often comes in a little syringe applicator.
Take off the fan ,turn it over, peel the paper cover off the bearing hole,
carefully drop in no more than two drops of lubricant, reseal. Can work
wonders if the fan is still running at all.