Dual monitor setup problem

Old January 3rd 04, 05:27 PM
Seahorse

Following prompt first aid from the medic "The Black Wibble"
managed to scrawl the following bloodstained
message with a stump On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:33:15 +1300:

Kewl. I didn't know that. So, as long as one or more cards are PCI, they will all work together.

Yes, but the performance from a PCI graphics card sucks. Most decent modern cards
already support two monitors, so go that route...
--
Rgds Mike - Remove XXX to reply
The aim of war is to be able to live unhurt in peace.

Old January 3rd 04, 05:50 PM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Seahorse ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

Following prompt first aid from the medic "The Black Wibble"
managed to scrawl the following
bloodstained message with a stump On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:33:15 +1300:

Kewl. I didn't know that. So, as long as one or more cards are PCI,
they will all work together.

Yes, but the performance from a PCI graphics card sucks. Most decent
modern cards already support two monitors, so go that route...
--
Rgds Mike - Remove XXX to reply
The aim of war is to be able to live unhurt in peace.
- Cicero, De Officiis 78BC
WWW.Dead-Fish.Com - Deep Sea Daddies...
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...s=the_Seahorse

Ive heard both. That performance is better with to seperate cards than one
card handling two. and of course the other way around. But with neither
way have I heard any, or seen any actual evidence.

which way is better?
Old January 4th 04, 01:35 AM
Seahorse

Following prompt first aid from the medic Kokoro
managed to scrawl the following bloodstained message with a stump On Sat, 03 Jan
2004 17:50:51 GMT:

Ive heard both. That performance is better with to seperate cards than one
card handling two. and of course the other way around. But with neither
way have I heard any, or seen any actual evidence.

which way is better?

Their are two RAMDAC on a modern card. There is no performance hit of any note...
--
Rgds Mike - Remove XXX to reply
42? 7 and a half million years and