FX5600 and FX5600XT....difference?

Old December 27th 03, 03:37 PM
Temor

Default FX5600 and FX5600XT....difference?

Folks, exactly what is the differences between the 5600 and 5600XT?

The only basic comment I have seen is that the XT is an "Ultra Slow" version
of the 5600 !!! So any enlightenment would help.

TIA

temor

Old December 27th 03, 05:18 PM
DaveL

The 5600 is clocked at 325 core, 550 memory. The 5600XT is clocked at a
miserable 235 core, 400 memory. This puts the FX5600XT in the range with
the standard FX5200, slower than a Geforce3.

Dave

Old December 27th 03, 05:36 PM
DaveL

I just looked at a few of those 5600XT cards. It looks like the memory is
also cut down to 64 bit on some of them. I hope nobody ever buys one.

Dave

Old December 28th 03, 12:51 AM
Mark Leuck

They won't know, most of those cards are intended for OEM systems, someone
will buy a Dell 3.06 gig machine with 1 gig memory and a 250 meg hard drive
yet have that dinky card.

And the person buying it won't know or I bet care

Old December 28th 03, 01:02 AM
DaveW

It's true. The XT is simply slower silicon; clocked slower. That's why
it's so much cheaper.

--
DaveW

Old January 3rd 04, 09:21 PM
Al

Disregard the stuff folks wrote. True, the XT is an OEM version; but is
the same hardware. Just cheaper.

It runs just fine at the 5600 rated speed just fine.

Get coolbit, it's free. Coolbit simply sets the registry for Nvidia
chips so the setup dialog box allows clock settings.

I run mine at 325mHz and 550mHz memory clock. The dialog box even
includes a test feature for testing the clock speeds.

Old January 4th 04, 03:50 AM
Dark Avenger

"Temor" wrote in message
Folks, exactly what is the differences between the 5600 and 5600XT?

The only basic comment I have seen is that the XT is an "Ultra Slow"

version
of the 5600 !!! So any enlightenment would help.

TIA

temor

If you cut the memory pipe in half you need less layers PCB, keeps the
cost lost. Ofcourse 64-bits is MUCH SLOWER then 128-bits but who
cares... only stupid poeple buy the card anyway!
Old January 4th 04, 11:55 AM
Temor

Wow...radical reply Al !!! Personally I haven't the foggiest, I just noticed
the "XT" bit on one for sale, but even I immediately thought about the ATI
XT card and wondered if it was an equivalent...but that one has been
answered.

Certainly, previous replies have knocked the 5600XT card big-time, I am not
sure about the 5600XT being OEM though, I have seem some for sale boxed and
badged as PNY 5600XT cards which to me suggests retail. Any ideas?

regards

temor