g4 ti4200 problem with new drivers

Old December 31st 03, 06:55 AM
BigJim

Default g4 ti4200 problem with new drivers

I have a problem with the new nvidia 5303 drivers and playing online
soldier of fortune
the game starts up then after a few seconds locks the system up solid it
worked fine with the old drivers 4303

the reason I went to the new drivers was to play halo which works fine and
sof plays in the single player mode fine also

I am wondering if the direct 9b has something to do with it

looking for someone's bet guess

tia

Old December 31st 03, 10:15 AM
BitsAndBobs

"BigJim" wrote in message
I have a problem with the new nvidia 5303 drivers and playing online
soldier of fortune
the game starts up then after a few seconds locks the system up solid it
worked fine with the old drivers 4303

It`s only Punkbuster servers that have the problem, evenbalance are
*Apparently* working on a fix for it but it`s been nearly 2 month`s in the
making *sigh*...

I`m also having to hold back upgrading to the new drivers because of this
problem :0(

Old January 1st 04, 12:22 AM
BigJIm

thanks I wish someone would tell Microsofty
I upgraded my drivers to play Halo which is a pretty cool game.
Playing online will stay fun until they start cheating
Now I can't play SOF unless I uninstall and reinstall the 4303 drivers
"BitsAndBobs" wrote in message
news

Old January 1st 04, 12:38 AM
DaveW

Your Ti4200 card is NOT DX9 capable. Try using the 45.23 driver for that
older card, for stability.

--
DaveW

Old January 1st 04, 01:11 AM
J.Clarke

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:38:54 GMT
"DaveW" wrote:

Your Ti4200 card is NOT DX9 capable. Try using the 45.23 driver for
that older card, for stability.

If the reason he is having a problem is that his board is not "DirectX 9
capable" then why would backrevving the driver help?

--
DaveW

"BigJim" wrote in message
I have a problem with the new nvidia 5303 drivers and playing
online soldier of fortune
the game starts up then after a few seconds locks the system up
solid it worked fine with the old drivers 4303

the reason I went to the new drivers was to play halo which works
fine and sof plays in the single player mode fine also

I am wondering if the direct 9b has something to do with it

looking for someone's bet guess

tia

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old January 2nd 04, 03:51 AM
Frank Jelenko

For me, using any of the 5xxxx drivers causing some of the objects in MS's
Rise of Nation to flicker - eventually causing BSOD.

I've tried them all - with clean uninstalls in between.
"J.Clarke" wrote in message
d...

Old January 4th 04, 09:24 AM
GTX_SlotCar

After seeing this, I changed my drivers back down to 45.23 on my Ti4400
(324/662) and it increased my 3DMark score by 1000 points.
Go Dave!!

Gary

--
Slot