FX5900 XT

Old December 31st 03, 04:21 PM
chris

Default FX5900 XT

you do know that where XT is mentioned concerning nvidia it should really
say MX
you would do better with a std 5900 rather than a 5900XT

XT - ati - top of range
XT - nvidia - bag o' ****e

if only i won the lottery :-( fx5950 hello :-)

just keep your 4in1's up to date

"jeff" wrote in message
Is their any known problems with the FX5900 XT video cards and the VIA

KT400
chipset? I'm thinking of one of these bad boys for my next upgrade. Any
comments about experiences with the card would be great also.

Also, processor is a 2100+ with 768M DDR333 and MSI KT4L board.

Jeff

Old January 2nd 04, 12:01 PM
jeff

Looking at the reviews it was faster than the Radeon 9800.

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/evga...900_xt_review/

I don't think this is a MX card as it's only the Ram speed that was lowered
to 2.8ns. Am I mistaken in my conclusion?

Jeff