Flickering problem with an Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X

Old December 31st 03, 02:57 AM
Rowan Jones

Default Flickering problem with an Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X

I got this card over a month go and it works fine with any of the older
games that uses 3d rendering. But when it comes to new games such as
Freelancer, Generals, Knights of the Old Republic and Haegemoina: Legoins of
Iron, parts of the screen start to flicker and the graphic distrot which is
a real pain in the ass. I'm running XP with all the lasts drivers (53.03)
and just try fromating my hard drive and starting again without fixing the
problem. The only things I haven't tried are Flashing my BIOS or Getting a
new mother board since my current one only has a 4X AGP slot.

Any suggestions??

Old December 31st 03, 10:29 AM
Temor

BIOS AGP aperture setting? Mine is set at 64MB for my 128MB card. Setting it
to128MB causes portions of ingame screens to start flashing, etc.

Old December 31st 03, 10:07 PM
IceCube

I had that exact problem with a Chaintech TI4800SE AGP 8X, and it was very
much like little flickering lines in all 3D games. Some worse then others,
mind you (like BF1942).

I tried everything. It turns out it was my PSU, which was too weak (300W).
How I discovered this? Very simple, I was taking out my sound card and NIC
cards and, as I was taking them out, the problems was lesser and lesser, as
more juice was guong to the card. Also, make sure no resources are shared
with the vid card (IRQs), it tends to create this as well.

Try this. First disable all the cards that you do not need and play your
games. Also, move the cards around so no IRQ are shared with the vid card.
Finally, try a new more powere PSU. I hope thjis will help...

IC

Old January 1st 04, 12:40 AM
DaveW

That video card is NOT DX9 capable and is unstable with the latest drivers.
Try using the 45.23 driver for stability.

--
DaveW