Strange MP3 skipping problem on CD-R only

Old October 20th 04, 02:52 PM
Robert

Default Strange MP3 skipping problem on CD-R only

My wife and I both have automobiles that have new MP3 stereos in them.
In the past, we'd burn our favorite MP3s (with Roxio) onto a CD-R or
RW and they would play without problems in our stereos. Recently,
after changing our CD burning drive to a Sony DRU-700A, most if not
all of our MP3s now skip when played in both car stereos. They don't
skip when played on the computer. Since I'm using the same burning
program and the same spindle of CD-Rs, I'm assuming the issue is with
the new Sony drive. I'm going to try several other burning programs
I've got, but in the meantime, has anyone experienced this problem
before?

Old October 20th 04, 03:52 PM
Graham Mayor

The issue will not so much be with the drive as with its compatibility to
the CDR media. Don't, for example, try to burn outside the rated speed of
the media. The burning program is unlikely to affect the situation.

--

Graham Mayor