hp 970 and Internet Explorer 7

Old March 24th 09, 03:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony Stanford

Default hp 970 and Internet Explorer 7

Hi -

I have an HP 970, which has been trouble-free for years. I now have an
odd problem when printing from Internet Explorer 7 (XP).

When printing b&w text on web pages, it no longer prints using the black
cartridge, but using the colour cartridge instead. The text is no longer
black &white, but slightly reddish, and a loup shows that there are
multi-
coloured dots, so the black cartridge is not being used.

I have adjusted 'print background colours and images' under internet
options, but that makes no difference either way.

I do not have this problem with Word or any other printing program. Only
under Internet Explorer.

Any ideas?

TIA
--
Tony Stanford
Old March 24th 09, 06:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony Stanford

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, at 12:17:07, Joel wrote

I guess the idea that the HTML code isn't black. Sometime you
can't even
print what displays on monitor.

OK, thanks.
--
Tony Stanford
Old March 27th 09, 02:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Mar 24, 1:43 pm, Tony Stanford wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, at 12:17:07, Joel wrote

I guess the idea that the HTML code isn't black. Sometime you
can't even
print what displays on monitor.

OK, thanks.
--
Tony Stanford

You can use programs such as "printscreen" by Gadwin and get exactly
what is on your screen.
Old March 29th 09, 11:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Walter R.[_2_]

Click on your printer in Control Panel. Printing Preferences Advanced Tab
Check Print in Grayscale Put dot in radio button Black Only

Works fine for my 970. It's a real workhorse. You can't beat it to death.
Cheap to use, too.

--

Walter
www.rationality.net

news

Old March 31st 09, 01:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:44:58 -0700, Walter R. wrote:

Click on your printer in Control Panel. Printing Preferences Advanced Tab
Check Print in Grayscale Put dot in radio button Black Only

Works fine for my 970. It's a real workhorse. You can't beat it to death.
Cheap to use, too.

It is not cheap to use. Carts are $50 and up.