Update Failure--XP

Old February 14th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Update Failure--XP

Ran it today as new updates just came out.

There were 5, but one of them keeps failing:

KB913446.

This is failing on my desktop and my laptop.

Suggestions (I ran my AVG anti-virus and it says no viruses)

Mel

Old February 14th 06, 08:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"MZB" wrote in message
Ran it today as new updates just came out.

There were 5, but one of them keeps failing:

KB913446.

This is failing on my desktop and my laptop.

Suggestions (I ran my AVG anti-virus and it says no viruses)

Mel

I had the same problem. Look here for a workaround for the problem:

Doug

Old February 14th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Got this reply and it worked also

Download the update directly, then install it.
(It failed to install on my PC also, but this alternative succeeds)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User