red lights flash alternate on epson r230

Old March 17th 09, 12:09 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
grant walker

Default red lights flash alternate on epson r230

i have an epson r230, the printer stopped printing and the ink light and
paper light are flashing alternative red, how do i get it working again?
tia,
grant.

Old March 30th 09, 03:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Although I do not have access to the R230 service manual, I do have one
for the R200, and it is likely using the same error codes.

This error code indicates your waste ink pads are "full". I place this
in quotes because chances are they aren't full, but the amount of ink
Epson considers equal to full ink pads has gone down the waste ink tubes
from cleanings and purging cycles.

Typically, this is less than half the amount the pads can take before
leaking.

To deal with this matter, you can reset the waste ink pad numbers, you
can take the printer to repair and have the pads replaced and have them
reset it, you can open the printer and move the waste ink hose to
outside the printer and into a bottle (and reset it).

To reset it, you can either go to the following website and using their
software try to reset it (the software doesn't support all Epson
prinetrs, so check to see if yours is included.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Or you can, if you have a North American model, go to the following
Epson website where they will supply you with the software to reset it.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...nkPadsForm.jsp

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/