updating bios

Old January 18th 09, 10:08 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
PA

Default updating bios

Hi,

I have a Intel D945GTP board with BIOS version 3869 (the full id is
NT94510J.86A.3869.2006.0519.1533) I am trying to update it and change
the processor. Unfortunatelly, I get an error during update
(overflow). I have tried windows update and with a bootable cd. Intel
also refers to update first to an older version (1788) and then to the
latest version. I get the same error when updating to 1788.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
PA

Old January 19th 09, 03:35 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Bob Bailin

"PA" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Intel D945GTP board with BIOS version 3869 (the full id is
NT94510J.86A.3869.2006.0519.1533) I am trying to update it and change
the processor. Unfortunatelly, I get an error during update
(overflow). I have tried windows update and with a bootable cd. Intel
also refers to update first to an older version (1788) and then to the
latest version. I get the same error when updating to 1788.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
PA

Try the recovery boot method, where you remove a specific jumper from
the motherboard and when you power the system up, it tries to read a
BIOS file directly from a formatted floppy or CD. There is no visible
feedback during the process, just some beeps as it updates. Exact directions
can be found on your motherboard's BIOS update page.

Updating Bios Dimos Asus Motherboards 2 December 24th 06 09:26 PM
updating bios arek General 4 May 25th 06 08:40 AM
Q about updating BIOS David Simmons Overclocking AMD Processors 4 September 8th 04 07:32 AM
Updating P2L-M bios Phil Asus Motherboards 2 May 8th 04 02:09 PM