GeForce 4 Ti4200 Driver problem

Old January 1st 04, 04:20 PM
Paul Watkins

Default GeForce 4 Ti4200 Driver problem

Hi
I have a Medion Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 with AGP8x 128mb Graphics Card.
I want to update the driver for this card, however when i attempt to install
the updated driver from oct 2003 when i re-boot, before it gets to the
desktop the monitor goes into stand by.
Then i have to access safe mode and roll back the driver.
Anyone know what i need to do to update the driver?

My PC Spec:
Intel Pentium 4 - 266mhz
256MB Ram
'The above graphics card'
Lite-On Monitor (A1554NEL)
OS = Windows XP (Home Edition)

Paul

Old January 1st 04, 09:47 PM
Me

The new driver is setting a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor.
After restarting the PC go into safe mode and set the display refresh rate
to something that your monitor will support. Suggest 60Hz for testing.
Then restart.
Then increase the rate to something your monitor does support.

Old January 2nd 04, 11:44 AM
Paul Watkins

I installed the latest driver, and ended up with the monitor going into
standby before the boot reached the desktop.
I then re-booted in safe mode, went to the display properties and the
monitor tab, however the refresh rate was greyed out and the drop down box
would only let me select 'Hardware default setting'.
Any suggestions?

Thanks