TDK CDR?

Old May 7th 04, 08:14 PM
SleeperMan

Default TDK CDR?

Anyone knows, who makes TDK d-view color (1-48x) CDR's? Info just says
TDK...And they burn up to full 52x in my very picky Plex Premium drive. Even
Plextor CDR?s (made by TY) are not - burning lowers speed just before
finish - at appr. 50x speed drive lowers to 40x. But TDK goes perfectly, so
i wonder, if they are of good quality? CD Info says type 5 short strategy,
while for TY says type 1 - long strategy. And TDK have a bit more C1 errors
than Plextor TY.

Old May 8th 04, 09:40 AM
Graham Mayor

Do I understand you correctly? You would rather use a disc that reports more
errors simply because it enables you to burn a bit faster, and produce a
disc that will be harder to read and could be corrupt?
--

Graham Mayor

Old May 8th 04, 11:16 AM
SleeperMan

Graham Mayor typed:

SleeperMan wrote:
Anyone knows, who makes TDK d-view color (1-48x) CDR's? Info just
says TDK...And they burn up to full 52x in my very picky Plex Premium
drive. Even Plextor CDR?s (made by TY) are not - burning lowers speed
just before finish - at appr. 50x speed drive lowers to 40x. But TDK
goes perfectly, so i wonder, if they are of good quality? CD Info
says type 5 short strategy, while for TY says type 1 - long strategy.
And TDK have a bit more C1 errors than Plextor TY.

It's not the speed, but i thought since TY lowers burn speed, maybe it's
because of increase of errors. It's very funny, though. Premium's PoweRec
should decrease burn speed when number of errors increases. Why then it
lowers at TY but not at TDK with more errors? By the way: number of C1 is
just a bit bigger at TDK - not much, so this doesn't play any rule here. And
funny thing: at TY i did find some C2 errors at a couple of CDR's. I didn't
burn a lot of TDK's to see this. But why would so hi-quality media as TY
produce C2 at very start? This C2 were reported at very end of disc, so i
guess maybe plextor lowered burn speed too late...
Are TDK producers of dye like TY or are they hiding real one? Some old CDR's
from TDK says Ritek, now these ones are TDK...