Amazon - Amazing Service

Old December 17th 04, 02:51 PM
Sunray

Default Amazon - Amazing Service

Having read all the amazing service, 'Bought something, turned up, wow'
threads I thought I'd give a mention to what actually is amazing service.

Having have a few things go wrong from Amazon and dealt with their returns
department, its got to the point that I will always buy there 1st even if
its more quite a bit more expensive. Its a shame they dont sell a big range
of computer parts.

These guys show the world how returns should be done. They are so
overzealous about it at times its mental, it causes problems, but these are
problems you are happy to solve in you own time.

1. Archos Hard disk MP3 player, just stopped working, it was about 10 months
old. Returned it and 10 days after they *acknowledged recipt*, they said
really sorry cant get another so refunded me.
2. Gamecube, slightly faulty, new. As soon as received, acknowleged and
instantly refunded postage, taking note of the postal type I used (special
delivery). Placed and order for a new one. Interestingly also I
accidently said my game was faulty, so they sent me another. Oops. Sent it
back.

That, mr computer vendor is how it should be done.

Old December 17th 04, 04:58 PM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:51:45 -0000, "Sunray"
wrote:

[...]

Pity they aren't so good over selling games. I'd had a game showing
'In progress' for a week (starting a couple of weeks ago - before any
serious Christmas rush). My email asking what's going on was given a
personal response (admirable) with a promise to follow up and rectify.
Nothing happened. I phoned them 3 days ago and spoke to the same
person who had failed to respond. With a web page in front of me
saying 1 remaining, he was telling me that the page in front of him
was saying 1 to 2 weeks delivery. I told him to cancel and after I had
refreshed my page it increased to 2. Soon after I thought I'd try
re-ordering, paying for f/c post. For 3 days now the order status has
been stuck on 'DispatchingSoon' and expected delivery of today, with
no option to cancel. I'm off now to search for it in the shops,
probably in vain, and Amazon will never get another order again, even
if they are cheaper. It's not worth the hassle.

And the pile of books I ordered was somewhat erratic in dispatch too,
so I'll be looking for another book supplier.

MJ