Decent Supermicro resellers in UK?

Old December 10th 03, 04:56 PM
James

Default Decent Supermicro resellers in UK?

I'm looking for a Supermicro 5011E barebones server, www.supermicro.co.uk
mentions two distributors, neither of whom seem to want to sell to end
users. I've emailed them both, two weeks ago, didn't get a reply from
either of them.

I found one listed at Watford Electronics' "Savastore" for £446.47 + £6.95
delivery +VAT
http://www.savastore.com/products/pr...0260314&pid=44
but when I phoned them to ask about the 1-2 weeks delivery, they admitted
the earliest their distributor was expecting any stock was 27th December,
and "therefound I couldn't expect delivery this side of New Year". Didn't
exactly fill me with confidence.

DABS seem to sell a variety of Supermicro servers, just not this one. I've
googled around, not many places seem to sell Supermicro kit full stop.

Can anyone suggest a decent Supermicro reseller?

James

Old December 10th 03, 06:18 PM
Well-Tech Computer Consultancy Ltd

"James" wrote in message
I'm looking for a Supermicro 5011E barebones server, www.supermicro.co.uk
mentions two distributors, neither of whom seem to want to sell to end
users. I've emailed them both, two weeks ago, didn't get a reply from
either of them.

Computer 2000 don't have them in stock either, I checked. You're right about
the disties, neither of them will sell to end users, they are both trade
only. If they get them in stock, I could match watford's price for you, give
or take a pound or two.

Cheers,

Ally.

Old December 11th 03, 12:27 PM
Nigel Wade

James wrote:
[...]

I've got some from Compusys. I've a couple of 1U systems based on the
SC812i-400 chassis. These are complete systems though, not just chassis -
I've no idea if Compusys re-sell barebones chassis or even systems based on
the chassis you are interested in.

I don't think you'll find these systems on their web pages either, you'll
probably need to talk to someone in their HPC department.

Don't expect anything this year from Compusys either, typical delivery is
2-3 weeks.

--
Nigel Wade

Old December 11th 03, 03:00 PM
Charles Christacopoulos

James wrote:
I'm looking for a Supermicro 5011E barebones server, www.supermicro.co.uk
mentions two distributors, neither of whom seem to want to sell to end
users. I've emailed them both, two weeks ago, didn't get a reply from
either of them.

Hi,

Check www.insight.com/uk they do some smicro stuff.

Regards