Grrrrrr ebuyer

Old December 4th 03, 08:16 AM
Steve Peake

Default Grrrrrr ebuyer

I know, I know, I guess someone must have slipped crack in my cornflakes ,
but I placed an order with ebuyer.

Items in stock, delivered on or before Friday sounded fine, with most other
companies it would have come Tuesday/Wednesday. Only one problem they have
been stuck at "awaiting dispatch" since Monday. Quizzing them about it
they admit that due to more orders they don't even bother to to try and
pick the items until Thursday, so the "on or before Friday" delivery line
was bull.

Could someone come round and punch me if I ever go to their website again.

Steve
Old December 4th 03, 10:45 AM
Simon

"Steve Peake" wrote in message
.. .
I know, I know, I guess someone must have slipped crack in my cornflakes ,
but I placed an order with ebuyer.

Items in stock, delivered on or before Friday sounded fine, with most

other
companies it would have come Tuesday/Wednesday. Only one problem they

have
been stuck at "awaiting dispatch" since Monday. Quizzing them about it
they admit that due to more orders they don't even bother to to try and
pick the items until Thursday, so the "on or before Friday" delivery line
was bull.

Could someone come round and punch me if I ever go to their website again.

Steve

Geeze!!!. You just can't please some people.
Pay for next day delivery ffs or go to PC World.

Old December 4th 03, 10:50 AM
Mike

I know, I know, I guess someone must have slipped crack in my cornflakes ,
but I placed an order with ebuyer.

People say this time after time and then moan.
No one slipped crack in your cornlakes. You suspected there could be a
problem but you ordered anyway. Tough **** then isn't it. Don't use them
again.

Personally i like ebuyer. If it's important i receive it on time, I use
next day delivery, otherwise i appreciate there could be a hold up.

I dont even see how yours is late yet.

Old December 4th 03, 02:36 PM
Steve Peake

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:19:02 +0000, Malev wrote:

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:16:43 +0000, Steve Peake wrote:

I know, I know, I guess someone must have slipped crack in my cornflakes ,
but I placed an order with ebuyer.

Items in stock, delivered on or before Friday sounded fine, with most other
companies it would have come Tuesday/Wednesday. Only one problem they have
been stuck at "awaiting dispatch" since Monday. Quizzing them about it
they admit that due to more orders they don't even bother to to try and
pick the items until Thursday, so the "on or before Friday" delivery line
was bull.

Today is Thursday, which AFAIK is within "on or before Friday".
Why didn't you order from "most other companies"?

Unless its motercycle courier then picked today won't be delivered today.
I don't object to them doing things at their own pace, but it could never
be *before* Friday if its picked thursday could it!

Steve
Old December 4th 03, 02:47 PM
Steve Peake

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:45:43 -0000, Simon wrote:

[...]

You miss the point, your not paying extra for next day delivery with
ebuyer, you get that as it stands, your paying extra for immediate
picking.

Aka pay extra and we won't throw your order in a big pile and ignore it
for 3 days. Care to name any other company that ignores your order for 3
days in some misguided hope that will improve their order queuing?

Of course they managed to take the money straight away.

Steve
Old December 4th 03, 02:59 PM
Gaz

Aka pay extra and we won't throw your order in a big pile and ignore it
for 3 days. Care to name any other company that ignores your order for 3
days in some misguided hope that will improve their order queuing?

Of course they managed to take the money straight away.

That's unusual, normally e-buyer seem to take ages to take the money, I
always use the next day delivery option (in their quieter periods when it is
available)
Goods turn up next day but the money rarely leaves my account for 4/5 days.

Then I agree they should improve the picking/ ordering system, I never use
them in November or December, but they are great the rest of the year.

Old December 4th 03, 09:11 PM
Paul Hopwood

Steve Peake wrote:

Today is Thursday, which AFAIK is within "on or before Friday".
Why didn't you order from "most other companies"?

Unless its motercycle courier then picked today won't be delivered today.
I don't object to them doing things at their own pace, but it could never
be *before* Friday if its picked thursday could it!

They send everything by ****ty Link next day. If it's picked today it
could be potentially with you *on* Friday, which would still be within
the promised time frame.

Then, of course, it depends on ****ty Link actually making the effort
to deliver and not losing it, failing to find your address, losing
interest and going home, sitting in a lay by eating butties and
claiming to have too many parcels, playing football with it, "breaking
down", doing their best "knock and run" impression, sending it with
some clueless contract courier whose only purpose in life seems to be
to drive around with parcels for a bit before returning them to the
depot to provide ****ty Link with an excuse for not delivering and
making absolutely sure you can't turn up to collect so they won't have
to deal with you in person, or one of the other endless excuses they
seem to come up with for doing everything except, perhaps, actually
uniting you with your goods. Me, I'd be asking *which* Friday! ;-)

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 4th 03, 09:14 PM
Paul Hopwood

Steve Peake wrote:

Aka pay extra and we won't throw your order in a big pile and ignore it
for 3 days. Care to name any other company that ignores your order for 3
days in some misguided hope that will improve their order queuing?

Several that jump to mind. From memory Redstore and Dabs do it,
sometimes at least, if not as a matter of policy. Some others too.

The fact remains, if you want next day you should pay for it. Whether
that money is paying for an extra level of attention at the supplier
or an upgraded courier services is largely academic.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 5th 03, 07:48 AM
Steve Peake

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:14:42 +0000, Paul Hopwood wrote:

Several that jump to mind. From memory Redstore and Dabs do it,
sometimes at least, if not as a matter of policy. Some others too.

I've passed quite a lot of orders through dabs, and have never seen
anything take less than a few hours to pick.

The fact remains, if you want next day you should pay for it. Whether
that money is paying for an extra level of attention at the supplier
or an upgraded courier services is largely academic.

Which would be true, if they hadn't suggested that a delivery before Friday
might happen. Picking on Thursday made that suggestion a plain lie. I had
the same items in a "basket" from both dabs and ebuyer, dabs had one item
at 1-2 days though, so ebuyer appeared to be the quicker option. If their
page had said "but we won't bother picking till Thursday" they would have
never got the order.

I don't worry about ****tylink, I would never use them for home delivery
but this one is coming to work. Oh and their head office is about 40
meters away from where I'm sitting!

Still you live and learn.

Steve
Old December 5th 03, 01:38 PM
Mark Robinson

Steve Peake wrote:

You miss the point, your not paying extra for next day delivery with
ebuyer, you get that as it stands, your paying extra for immediate
picking.

No, you're paying for next day delivery. How that service is implemented
is entirely up to ebuyer.

for 3 days. Care to name any other company that ignores your order for 3
days in some misguided hope that will improve their order queuing?

How is that misguided? "Do the priority orders first" seems like a
perfectly sensible queueing scheme to me.

Cheers

mark-r

--
I put ten different puns in my .sig
I hoped that at least one of them would make you laugh