Replacement CPU fan

Old November 9th 03, 06:41 PM
Andrew Bell

Parent: tserver.com
Earlier Mike ] uttered:
I bought an Asus A7V266-E about 18 months ago. The onboard
cooling fan is buggered and I'm having real problems locating a
replacement. Anyone know if there's a handy stockpile of these
things anywhere in the uk? The board with fan is pictured here...
http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...a7v266-e_l.jpg

Cheers,
Mike.

Most CPU fans are 8cm and heatsink fans are 4cm. Unless it has
nonstandard pinning or nonstandard fittings any fan should do.

--
Andrew
The above address IS valid but will go straight to my spambin. If you

Old November 9th 03, 08:51 PM
dave

"Mike" wrote in message
tserver.com...
I bought an Asus A7V266-E about 18 months ago. The onboard
cooling fan is buggered and I'm having real problems locating a
replacement. Anyone know if there's a handy stockpile of these
things anywhere in the uk? The board with fan is pictured here...
http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...a7v266-e_l.jpg

Cheers,
Mike.

Are you talking about the cooling fan on the chipset(northbridge ?) or the
actual CPU fan.

If it`s the chipset fan then I disconnected mine when it got really noisy
about a year ago and it has had no ill effects as long as you are not
overclocking.

Old November 9th 03, 11:20 PM
Mike

"dave" wrote:

"Mike" wrote

I bought an Asus A7V266-E about 18 months ago. The onboard
cooling fan is buggered and I'm having real problems locating a
replacement. Anyone know if there's a handy stockpile of these
things anywhere in the uk? The board with fan is pictured here...
http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...a7v266-e_l.jpg

Are you talking about the cooling fan on the chipset(northbridge ?) or the
actual CPU fan.

Sorry, I miss-typed "chipset fan" in my original post. :-/

If it`s the chipset fan then I disconnected mine when it got really noisy
about a year ago and it has had no ill effects as long as you are not
overclocking.

Well this one gets too hot then reboots the system when the fan
stops but if it's kept running all is well. And it's not
overclocked, it's an XP1600+ running at 1.4GHz.

Cheers,
Mike.

Old November 9th 03, 11:21 PM
Mike

"Andrew Bell"
wrote:

Earlier Mike ] uttered:
I bought an Asus A7V266-E about 18 months ago. The onboard
cooling fan is buggered and I'm having real problems locating a
replacement. Anyone know if there's a handy stockpile of these
things anywhere in the uk? The board with fan is pictured here...
http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...a7v266-e_l.jpg

Most CPU fans are 8cm and heatsink fans are 4cm. Unless it has
nonstandard pinning or nonstandard fittings any fan should do.

I've got a couple of old 486 coolers, but if you look at the pic
in that URL, you'll notice the mounting screws are much different
and there's even a kind of spring-loaded arrangement on the
original.

Cheers,
Mike.

Old November 10th 03, 02:43 AM
nigel. carron

In message ver.com,
Mike writes
I've got a couple of old 486 coolers, but if you look at the pic in
that URL, you'll notice the mounting screws are much different and
there's even a kind of spring-loaded arrangement on the original.

Just get a zalman passive cooler £6 or so .. never need a fan replaced
then!

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old November 18th 03, 11:44 PM
Hawkeye-Pcs

If it is a 4cm chipset fan you are requiring, we can do these for 5-50
delivered.
E-mail me if this is what you need mate,
cheers
kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

tserver.com...