Which one? Logitech Quickcam 4000 Pro or Logitech Quickcam Orbit

Old June 8th 04, 01:19 PM
James

Default Which one? Logitech Quickcam 4000 Pro or Logitech Quickcam Orbit

Between the two webcams from Logitech, which one do you recommend and why(as
far as video/image quality/frame rate wtih MSN Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger
is concerned)?

Thanks in advance,
James

Old June 8th 04, 07:17 PM
Ben Pope

James wrote:
Between the two webcams from Logitech, which one do you recommend and
why(as far as video/image quality/frame rate wtih MSN Messenger or Yahoo!
Messenger is concerned)?

I was under the impression that the CCD was the same.

I have the Orbit and it's crap for tracking - and you can't move it remotely
(without something like VNC).

TrackerCam have a PTZ stand with remote control.

Ben

Old June 8th 04, 10:18 PM
bumtracks

both of those camera's get a little use here
video, color, frame rate, everything picture wise is basically identical.
Slight mfg variance maybe, side by side 4000 looks a tad better - seperate
them you'd not know which cam was on your screen.

don't have much light where they're used, dark furniture/carpet/walls &
frame rate seems sloooow but they fit well into the low light environment
here.

Face tracking & zoom on the 4000 is usable where that feature is pretty much
unusable with Orbit in lower light. Orbit looses you it aims out into the
upper left blue yonder and parks - you'll want fresh paint on the ceiling in
the shadow area's.
4000 face tracking when enabled also does auto zooms . like it or not... I'd
rather not have the zoom with face tracking which may have been better
called auto portrait setting,, but it seems to do it well.

Old June 9th 04, 11:31 AM
Ribitt

I have a Quickcam 4000 Pro and agree with all the comments. I have yet to
find a way, however, to superimpose text on the picture using Logitech
software.

Old June 10th 04, 12:40 AM
Eagletron

The picture quality is actually better on the 4000 than the Orbit, and
if you want to use your webcam in low light, the 4000 is much better.

The TrackerPod/Logitech Pro 4000 combination, we have been told, also
has better PTZ than the Orbit because it provides a wider range of
motion and also the movements are more precise.

Old June 10th 04, 11:58 AM
James

Sounds like the 4000 Pro is the better one?

James

. cable.rogers.com...

Old June 10th 04, 11:22 PM
Eagletron

Yes, the 4000 is the better camera (especially in low light). The
Orbit is not as good a camera but it has the pan and tilt. However,
you can get a TrackerPod to pan/tilt the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000.

"James" wrote in message .cable.rogers.com...
Sounds like the 4000 Pro is the better one?

James

. cable.rogers.com...

Old June 11th 04, 06:20 AM
bumtracks

"James" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Sounds like the 4000 Pro is the better one?

http://members.fortunecity.com/bumtracks/Orbit4000.jpg
about 22kb
2- Midnight pictures acquired in psp program from exact spot best I
could. 4000 looks to have a tad wider lens.
Orbit on the left - 4000 on the right
Full Automatic ... single 9watt straight fluorescent tube / enclosed under
eave for light.
Looks like Orbit does slightly lower light, moved them around on the
patio looking at diff light levels - on the orbit grain starts to show as
light levels dropdown low.
`Yea,,, I booted & rebooted laptop because I thought something was odd with
color too.

They both look awful close when not side by side here in the house to my
eyeballs.

might have to back off the pic file name and just go to the directory,
not sure about fortune city mythology lately ,,, just a quick upload page
various snap shots - I think.

Old June 13th 04, 11:42 AM
James

And like it so far (its built quality seems a lot better than that of
Quickcam 4000 Pro, and its image/video quality is not bad, either:-)

James

. cable.rogers.com...