Brother all in one says out of ink but there is ink printer scanner copier fax say

Old August 9th 15, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
micky

Default Brother all in one says out of ink but there is ink printer scanner copier fax say

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:18:18 -0400, Paul
wrote:

micky wrote:

I found some webpages that remind me of what I used to know

If you know how Brother decides that a cartridge is necessary, or you
know aobut this particular model, MFC-J625dw that would be great, but
otherwise, I should read the webpages first and I apologize for
bothering you all.

Well, I didn't mind spending money on ink, if it would eventually work.
It was just that the two colors it said had no ink seemed to have ink in
the cartridge.

But I bought new cartridges and it's working now. The first thing it
did was tell me the third color was low.

One Amazon reviewer says to tip the printer
at 90 degrees for a few moments, so the ink
covers the LED sensor.

First I bought OEM magenta, OEM When that got rid of the magenta
warning and I knew ink was really the problem, . I bought compatible
cyan.

The cyan cartridge didn't even have the window that showed the ink in
all the oem cartridges. The window isnt' there and the room in back
of the window is not there. It's like one house has a porch and the
other house has no porch at all.

Hard to believe, in an era of chipped cartridges,
someone is still doing this. Using LEDs to sense ink.

So there must be some other way that it decides it's out of ink maybe a
chip after all.

Couldn't install much of the software, which took an hour to download,
including the OCR, unless the printer was plugged in. They don't want
everyone to have it.

Paul

Changed alt.periphs.printers to comp.periphs.printers and things should
work better now. I kept looking at the s at the end of periph and
thinking I had that wrong.
Old August 9th 15, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

wrote:

micky wrote:

[...]

Here back to school special on Brother MFC-J475DW for 59.00.
Brother is very finicky about inks. They do too many cleaning cycles
wasting ink. You can empty ink cartridges without printing a single
page. Power off when not in use.
Old August 9th 15, 11:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
J. P. Gilliver (John)

In message , Tony Hwang
writes:
micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:18:18 -0400, Paul
wrote:

[]
The cyan cartridge didn't even have the window that showed the ink in
all the oem cartridges. The window isnt' there and the room in back
of the window is not there. It's like one house has a porch and the
other house has no porch at all.

Hard to believe, in an era of chipped cartridges,
someone is still doing this. Using LEDs to sense ink.

I don't see why: seems to me a perfectly sensible way of doing it, and
IMO _far_ preferable to the chip method. The chip method is often
inaccurate, and must add to the cost of the cartridges - as well as
giving the manufacturers an at least theoretical, in countries where
DMCA is valid, monopoly, so they can charge what they like.
[]
Here back to school special on Brother MFC-J475DW for 59.00.
Brother is very finicky about inks. They do too many cleaning cycles
wasting ink. You can empty ink cartridges without printing a single
page. Power off when not in use.

Good advice for virtually all makes, as they all do it. Though print
something occasionally - whether once a week or once a month or other
period different people have different ideas of (probably varies with
model, temperature, and humidity) to stop things drying up and thus
blocking.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

I'd be a middle-class hero if I had the time, but I've got to go to Waitrose
first. - Tim Vine, RT 2014/2/15-21
Old August 9th 15, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
micky

In comp.periphs.printers, on Sun, 9 Aug 2015 11:28:37 +0100, "J. P.
Gilliver (John)" wrote:

In message , Tony Hwang
writes:
micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:18:18 -0400, Paul
wrote:

[]
[...]

The manual says it cleans the heads periodically even when it's off.

Would have to unplug it. Their idea is that someone doesn't have to
remember to print something every two months. He can go for a year
without printing anything and the heads won't be clogged, though the
cartridges may be empty!

Old August 9th 15, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
J. P. Gilliver (John)

In message , micky
writes:
In comp.periphs.printers, on Sun, 9 Aug 2015 11:28:37 +0100, "J. P.
Gilliver (John)" wrote:

In message , Tony Hwang
writes:

[]
Here back to school special on Brother MFC-J475DW for 59.00.
Brother is very finicky about inks. They do too many cleaning cycles
wasting ink. You can empty ink cartridges without printing a single
page. Power off when not in use.

The manual says it cleans the heads periodically even when it's off.

Yes, a lot of them do. About once a day, I think, for many makes/models.

Would have to unplug it. Their idea is that someone doesn't have to
remember to print something every two months. He can go for a year
without printing anything and the heads won't be clogged, though the
cartridges may be empty!

Well, that therefore only postpones the clogging - if it empties the
cartridges with its cleaning, then after they are empty, the clogging
will still occur!

Good advice for virtually all makes, as they all do it. Though print
something occasionally - whether once a week or once a month or other
period different people have different ideas of (probably varies with
model, temperature, and humidity) to stop things drying up and thus
blocking.

(And by "something" we mean something including solid blocks of each
colour ink, not just some text, of course.)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

I think we'd all qualify for Heaven - even Richard Dawkins, if only to
severely p*ss him off. Imagine? An eternity of knowing you were wrong.
- Nick Odell, in UMRA 2011-5-22