My annoying HP C6180 All-In-One printer

Old October 20th 10, 05:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
W. eWatson[_2_]

Default My annoying HP C6180 All-In-One printer

In Dec. 2009 I moved from XP to Win7. Around April I decided to attach
my HP C6180 printer. As I recall if worked fine. About 2-3 months ago,
it could not be found. I re-installed the drivers. It worked for about
two weeks. I finally tried again, and installing the drivers didn't
help. After a very long exchange with HP of about 10-12 messages, I got
a clue in one of them that I had to shutdown a couple of programs, which
I had never heard of, before the install. It worked. Two weeks later it
didn't work.

The complaint I get from the program is that my device installation is
incomplete. I'm asked to plug in the USB cable (I'm using an ethernet
cable), and re-run the setup program from the CD. In my case, the CD is
for XP, so probably the Win7 download I have.

In any case, I'm very hesitant in going through this 45 min+ install
procedure to get it right. Anyone else dealt with this and found a
permanent solution?
Old October 21st 10, 01:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Sparky[_4_]

Have you downloaded the appropriate Windows 7 Drivers from the HP Site ?

I'm confused by your statement..

Old October 22nd 10, 12:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
W. eWatson[_2_]

"W. eWatson" wrote in message
[...]

Directly from their site. I have only an XP CD.
Old October 23rd 10, 09:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
MD34

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 04:22:31 -0700, "W. eWatson" wrote:

After a very long exchange with HP of about 10-12 messages, I
got a clue in one of them that I had to shutdown a couple of programs,
which I had never heard of, before the install.

Always a good idea.

When I install an especially large or complex program, I go to Taskman and close
everything I can identify and still run.
Old October 29th 10, 08:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Priam[_3_]

On 10/23/2010 04:35 PM, MD34 wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 04:22:31 -0700, "W. wrote:

After a very long exchange with HP of about 10-12 messages, I
got a clue in one of them that I had to shutdown a couple of programs,
which I had never heard of, before the install.

Always a good idea.

When I install an especially large or complex program, I go to Taskman and close
everything I can identify and still run.

Windows is a pain. When I want to print:

1) Connect printer to a wall outlet

2) Conenct printer to computer

3) CTRL + P
Old April 18th 11, 02:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
bahrouz

i think win 7 will have the driver for your printer , let win7 install
the driver delivered with it, it should work that way ,dont install
the xp version driver ,let win7 discover it and provide the driver :-)

C6180 alternates between portrait and landscape jdix11 Printers 0 April 17th 08 05:16 AM
Annoying 1720 Printer popup Hank Arnold (MVP) Dell Computers 7 January 22nd 08 10:14 AM
HP Photosmart C6180 Mike[_6_] Printers 5 August 10th 07 05:46 AM
Trying to find Windows 95 driver for HP Photosmart C6180 printer (if it exists) [email protected] Printers 9 July 29th 07 08:05 PM
HP C6180 Photo Paper - colours skewed - no black? Tim[_3_] Printers 2 February 27th 07 05:08 PM